lnb not working in holder but works six inches above

Hi I am installing a 1m dish i can gain good signal by holding the LNB about 6 inches higher than the dishes lnb holder, i cannot gain a signal when its placed in its holder. Anyone have any ideas please?:unsure:

To me sounds like dish is out of alignment as the arm that holds the lnb does not receive a signal and changing angle of of lnb your getting a signal.

thanks for reply, do you mean dish is faulty? as i have tried to move the dish with a good meter for a couple of hours trying and trying again. thanks

thats good to hear, thing is if i raise the elevation of the dish to get the lnb higher i lose signal, i'll keep trying lol

nope still cant get it, the dish wont find a signal with the lnb in its holder, have to give up for the day, thank you anyway

its a 1m mixdigital dish, its going to be fixed with multi lnb for 13 19 28

:LOL:
you were right cactikid i realigned it and its coming through on 19.2 lovely now i dont know what i was doing wrong yesterday.

now i cant seem to assemble the multi lnb bracket

With the sattelite aligned on 19.2 (reference satellite) centre Monblock satellite meter
Connected you should be recieving s.n.r
On 13 east not 19 Skew the Monblock l.n.b
Up slightily to recieve maximum s.n.r on the
V and h side off the transponder With the
Settings correct on the reciever your s.n.r
on 19.2 should be high Thats the way the
Monblock works due to the built in switch

Isn't the focal point on a monblick determined by dish size,?
I'm no expert in monoblock , but simple science would suggest that a 60cm dish has a different focal point than a 1m dish, so a monoblock designed for a 60cm dish wouldn't work on a 1m dish, or am I talking shyte as usual,?
btw, the bigger the dish, the more accurate your alignment needs to be, even if that does defy logic , :unsure:

Not sure about 100cm dish I set up on my
80cm dish very easy set up the s.n.r on 13 19
Was spot on

Attachments

• 20190620_162850.jpg
    20190620_162850.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
I had a wee google and any I found where for a 80cm
A 1m will have a longer arm? So it shouldn’t cover the same angle of spread

Found this to work out arm length

Focal length = (width ^ 3) / (16 * depth * height)
A 110 dish can have a arm length of 62cm to 72cm
From what I can see

Back