LNB Question

therer is no point in showing us something SIMILAR
what was the ACTUAL LNB ?

apart from that, there are better LNBs out there for less money

Well l was googling the model for info hence the similar.

Here's the exact link it was on ebay from a site selling the park in Limerick.

SINGLE LNB 0.1dB ULTRA HD 3D 4K SKY,FREESAT, CYFROWY LNBf + 1F-connector | eBay

Regards.

therer is no point in showing us something SIMILAR
what was the ACTUAL LNB ?

apart from that, there are better LNBs out there for less money
If you were purchasing an LNB what would you recommend as a better type. Or what do you look for in features.

Tell me the box you are using and what was the lnb you replaced? Or why did you replace it? Are you using a sky dish? Its quite easy to fit an lnb incorrecly. That fact it states 4k its for a 4k box.

You should message the seller and get your money back.

I know limerick well I was born there!

If you have a sky dish then get a sky lnb if you have a triax dish or similar get a inverto black ultra but as you mention 2 bxes get a quad ie 4 outputs unless dish is in another location

And did you have signal already with those dishes, they could have moved or aimed at wrong sat.

post a few pics if you can

Last edited:
The seller came back and said it should work for FTA.

I have a working setup Zgemma H2S and l can setup and verify sat receiver boxes

Two seperate houses
The black dish is my brothers
Zgemma H2s box
Currently formated back to the latest openatv image with a skin applied autoboquets 28.2 plugin
I had this controller working at my house.
The lnb was missing on his when l went to look at it, as we couldn't get any signal, so the dish didn't move and is in good condition.

The second white dish was a replacement for a old sky that was rusty and was used in the past as an FTA there's a Technomate 5200D Super +
The system wasn't used for a long time but the controller was working. The dish is not fixed and loose. I then brought over my own working zgemma H2s box but it's the same.

I think the signal meter might now be working as it isn't lighting up but point the dish in the general direction is now showing any reading.

What ever about the white one the black dish was fixed and had worked.

Maybe there is something to an 4K lnb but is that related to the picture only tho. Would l not get a signal on the box anyway.

Attachments

• 20210109_143401.jpg
    20210109_143401.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210109_143027.jpg
    20210109_143027.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 14
There is no such thing as 4K LNB. Any DVB-S2 LNB will receive 4K transmissions.

Are these motorised dishes?
Are you checking signal on different transponders or just one transponder?
Are you checking the correct tuner?

When you put the lnb on and connected the cable did you prepare the cable correctly? Sat cable has an inner core and an outer braid. The inner core takes the single and the outer braid performs an earth function. Say you have done cable correctly. When you use a sky lnb with a sky dish the lnb usually comes in a lnb holder that is skewed correctly. Looking at your 2 lnbs you have them pointing straight down so there is no skew = no signal. You then have to set the front of the lnb at the correct distance from the centre of the dish ie move lnb in and out to get best signal.

The elevation on each dish is usually about 20 or 21 degress ie face almost vertical.

I have the H2S as well but it has a twin tuner. Now that receiver will not show a signal with one cable if it is not in the correct input. And the tuners configured correctly. Has your box got a twin tuner? Mine has 3 f connectors, Tuner B has Lnb IN and LNB out, tuner A has one input. Connect lead to tuner A and make sure B is disabled. if no signal try tuner B with A disabled.

If you can reach dish easily just turn lnb to your left to get skew correct, but have box tuned to BBC1 and if you have a smartphone you can use webif to use as sat finder.

I'll do a few pics in a moment.

ok

Last edited by a moderator:
To the op if you have a single feed lnb you won't be able to use the record feature and every h2s has 2 sat lnb feeds.
On a single feed you would only be able to watch the channel your recording

Last edited by a moderator:
A receiver with two tuners can be used with one signal connection. Just make sure your tuner configuration matches that hardware hooked up to each tuner. If there is no signal wire hooked up to a tuner and you tell the receiver that there is, that leads to problems. . If a tuner has no signal wire, best to leave as not configured/disabled until the other tuner is working fine. Some receivers have internal loopthrough, that allows usage of another frequency. That can be set after signal/reception issues on the other tuner are resolved.

With one tuner, you can only record the services on that transponder. Not just one channel.

There is no such thing as 4K LNB. Any DVB-S2 LNB will receive 4K transmissions.

Are these motorised dishes?
Are you checking signal on different transponders or just one transponder?
Are you checking the correct tuner?
OK thanks

No not motorised dishes have checked the different transponders and different tuners both physically and switching on the software.

The receiver has three alright but l only used A and LNB In on B.

If your saying dish is not fixed and loose it not aiming at a sat and needs to be realigned.

The grey dish isn't aligned correctly the darker dish never moved and only had its LNB changed and as it worked before should be pointed in the correct direction.

To the op if you have a single feed lnb you won't be able to use the record feature and every h2s has 2 sat lnb feeds.
I realise about the single feed alright.
When you put the lnb on and connected the cable did you prepare the cable correctly? Sat cable has an inner core and an outer braid. The inner core takes the single and the outer braid performs an earth function. Say you have done cable correctly. When you use a sky lnb with a sky dish the lnb usually comes in a lnb holder that is skewed correctly. Looking at your 2 lnbs you have them pointing straight down so there is no skew = no signal. You then have to set the front of the lnb at the correct distance from the centre of the dish ie move lnb in and out to get best signal.

The elevation on each dish is usually about 20 or 21 degress ie face almost vertical.

I have the H2S as well but it has a twin tuner. Now that receiver will not show a signal with one cable if it is not in the correct input. And the tuners configured correctly. Has your box got a twin tuner? Mine has 3 f connectors, Tuner B has Lnb IN and LNB out, tuner A has one input. Connect lead to tuner A and make sure B is disabled. if no signal try tuner B with A disabled.

If you can reach dish easily just turn lnb to your left to get skew correct, but have box tuned to BBC1 and if you have a smartphone you can use webif to use as sat finder.

I'll do a few pics in a moment.

ok
I would have prepared the F connectors before and the grey dish is the third setup and l have a working setup on my own house but it's possible there's an issue. I did cut back the cable on the darker dish and made a new connection on it folding the braid back.

The darker dish had a ring that slotted in the dish didn't move so the LNB should be okay. But l will look at the LNB skew again have been disabling the tuners even following advice on line and setting it to advanced but no de Signal anyway.

I would have prepared the F connectors before and the grey dish is the third setup and l have a working setup on my own house but it's possible there's an issue. I did cut back the cable on the darker dish and made a new connection on it folding the braid back.

The darker dish had a ring that slotted in the dish didn't move so the LNB should be okay. But l will look at the LNB skew again have been disabling the tuners even following advice on line and setting it to advanced but no de Signal anyway.
I think the satellite meter l had isn't working so that an added difficulty but l can log in to see the screen alright via the mobile

The receiver has three alright but l only used A and LNB In on B.
You put signal wire to tuner B, but you tested tuner A. That is not going to work. Just to repeat what I said earlier, a tuner with no signal wire connected should be set as "not configured/disabled/nothing connected"

I'd recommend you deal with one dish at a to avoid confusing things.

You put signal wire to tuner B, but you tested tuner A. That is not going to work. Just to repeat what I said earlier, a tuner with no signal wire connected should be set as "not configured/disabled/nothing connected"

I'd recommend you deal with one dish at a to avoid confusing things.
No l understand that part of it alright was just saying l moved the software to A and the cable, then switched all to B. In all cases if l was connected to A physically l also had A setup with B disabled and visa versa.

And your tuner is setup as correctly and listing 28.2.?

Darker dish i notice an aerial above so would query how both are connected?

And your tuner is setup as correctly and listing 28.2.?

Darker dish i notice an aerial above so would query how both are connected?
Yes 28.2.
The other antenna are for the saorview used to be 2 different ones but they run on a seperate cable to the TV coaxial etc.

The white dish was in storage and had an lnb skew holder l just purchased the lnb itself.

The grey dish was up on my brothers house already just replaced the lnb

Perhaps l need a suitable holder to slot in and which would be matching the model concerned.
Another user made mention in this thread about the angle. I must get a working sat meter as well.

Not into dishes or lnbs but have found out things differ longer arms angle of lnb etc etc.

Was it just the dish that got changed from a smaller sky dish to a bigger dish at some time.

Do you still have the old lnb to check with angle and fitting of both?

I think the big issue here is no-one knows if these dishes are actually pointing at 28.2 or not.
That is the first thing needs sorted, get the dish aligned.

Back