locking nuts

sandog

my car ford focus 2litre y reg. my problem is my key for the wheel nuts has worn away a little inside and now, i can not open the bloody locking nuts whitch is a pain in the rear, anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do. please try and answer me before i go bloody nuts:(

best way is to get a nut mig/tig welded on locking nuts and then you can use a wheel brace to loosen and no damage to wheel,dont think the focus has enough room for the left handed nut remover.

Dont go welding anythin to your wheel nuts, if you have the original box it will have a id code you can use to order a new off fords, or there are plenty of tools on the market to remove your locking nuts, Fords are 1 of the easiest to remove, if you are in the AA phone them they will be able to remove.

thanx for the info stingo 75 i dont have the box all igot when i bought the car was the key but thanx for advise cheers

Yeah we got that in work but its expensive, old fords r so easy to remove plenty of room between the nut and wheel. U cud prob just hammer a socket over and undo easily

Best thing to do is go down your local Ford dealers and speak to mechanics not the sale staff and they will sort them out for you along with new nuts. Happened to my mate twice and 1st time they charged 20 quid which was a few years ago and about 3 weeks ago he got charged 30 and that was to get them off and replace.
But speak to mechanics as it probably cash in there pocket and not Fords.
Obviously different areas might be slightly different but don't let them rip you off.

Back