Windows 7 login password problem

fanbeltphil

hi, all. need some help with win7 x64 welcome screen login. I'm trying to sort out a friends laptop (Samsung np300v5a running win7 x64 genuine OS). the problem arose a few days ago when he tried to login. on entering his password, he got an error message saying his admin password was not recognised (something to that effect). anyhow, he passed it on to me to sort out. I managed to erase all admin & guest account passwords using password removal software. I managed to boot no problem. did a few updates etc, then did a full image backup on an external drive, no problem (in case it happened again). did a reboot and it did happen. went through all this a few times, the reason being, it would not recognise my backup on my external drive. now, I did a full re-install via recovery/factory default disc (3 times already!). and its still giving me this error. I am at this moment doing a 4th re-install and updating. after the 3rd install and 160-odd updates, did another full image backup, everything seemed o.k., even after 2 or 3 reboots no problem . as I was about to reboot i checked to see if there were any more updates, I noticed 30-odd more updates, so I updated these. rebooted - and it happened again, hence this 4th re-install, could it be one of these updates that's causing this problem one of the 30-odd) . has anybody had this same problem over the past 3 or 4 days. i know a lot about computers, but this is now dissing me off a little. help, advice, tips etc, is very much appreciated. thanks for any help, phil.

Last edited:
Back