login to server problems

Hey guys need to help

Ive done a few of these boxes on the vix image but ive run into a problem cannot get my head around

I installed one at my friends house has been working fine for months but all of a sudden it has gone off just shows the normal channels not sky ones. So I reset the line. No luck. Rebooted his modem no luck. Reinstalled the image no luck. Now it gives a ip address and the network tests are all normal and working and can ftp into the box fine. I took it to my house and it come straight on. no problems took it back and it still does not show on the server and does not connect to any sky channels.

Ive put the line on a openbox and comes on fine as well at his house.

So am assuming that some how the box is not getting the connection to the server because it says on the network test that everything is fine. And iy has been working great at his for months. Whats really bugging me is that it works at mine fine

What else can I try?

Last edited:
Any takers lol?

Hey guys need to help

Ive done a few of these boxes on the vix image but ive run into a problem cannot get my head around

I installed one at my friends house has been working fine for months but all of a sudden it has gone off just shows the normal channels not sky ones. So I reset the line. No luck. Rebooted his modem no luck. Reinstalled the image no luck. Now it gives a ip address and the network tests are all normal and working and can ftp into the box fine. I took it to my house and it come straight on. no problems took it back and it still does not show on the server and does not connect to any sky channels.

Ive put the line on a openbox and comes on fine as well at his house.

So am assuming that some how the box is not getting the connection to the server because it says on the network test that everything is fine. And iy has been working great at his for months. Whats really bugging me is that it works at mine fine

What else can I try?

try a test line off someone else,if using mgcamd try cccam or via verser,try your own box as well if neither connecting will be internet problem

tryed a test line works at mine not his also tryed ccam instead same thing works here but not there. the openbox works fine so cannot be an internet issue must be somthing on the box

try a test line off someone else,if using mgcamd try cccam or via verser,try your own box as well if neither connecting will be internet problem

well that sounds nuts.....it can't be a firewall issue since other boxes work surely? also the line works elsewhere to its not a line issue. did you use the same ethernet cable to connect the openbox?

no i changed it thinking it might be that.. i know its crazy its doing my head in

well that sounds nuts.....it can't be a firewall issue since other boxes work surely? also the line works elsewhere to its not a line issue. did you use the same ethernet cable to connect the openbox?

having the exact same problem as whitworth.reset router and box without any joy.i also turned off superhub firewall with no joy,any help would be great. thanks.

Sorted it eddie. Its a dns problem with some virgin superhubs. You need to go into network settings on your box and turn off dchp then press the blue button i think to change the DNS primary and alternate. primary is 008.008.008.008 or 8.8.8.8. Alternate is 008.008.008.004.004 Or 8.8.4.4. Save it and restart box.

Let me know if it worked for you

A big thanks to whitworth200,followed your advice and everything great again.One grumpy mate actually smiled.Thanks again whitworth.

Whitworth200, Many many thanks. I was pointed to your posting as a solution to my problem with my new Virgin router and solved it in thirty seconds. Thanks so much.

Regards

Dave

My first proper post on this forum after my introduction.. I thought this solution was going to fix my scrambled channels as I have a Virgin Super Hub... but to no avail. Skimming through other threads it looks like I need to try a test line? I'll keep looking where to find a request thread but if someone could paste a link or help out I'd appreciate it!

Your welcome dave.

Darkavenger. The best thing to do to make sure its not your settings is request a test line from the guys on here
http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/78532-anyone-recommend-good-satellite-pay-server-request-only-october-2015-a.html

If that works its your line.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have similar problem when connecting friends box which I setup at my home. Works fine, but on his superhub 3 get jittery picture. If I change dhcp and dns settings, will other devices be able to connect to Internet e.g. via WiFi. Also where would I put a keep alive line. Help please?

Changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and still no luck I bet the guy has the worst server for nlines ever

Back