Longtime Wooshbuild Customer. Is Wooshman still active here?

Stupid question have you tried a full reflash, I mean from the start
Yes and updated OpenATV from 6.2 to 6.4. There is no pattern to the fault and is happening on all the H7s boxes I have set up.
I had used the H2s for years with no issue until they started to crash and reboot daily hence the reason I moved to the H7s.
Definitely not a hardware issue. I'm suspecting a fault with OpenATV, Wooshbuild or Plugin?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll test this out tonight on one of my boxes. Going to remove IPTV and the ALL4One plugin and just run FTA. Thanks.
It won't work.
I removed the plugin and all traces of iptv and whatever it left behind still caused constant crashing...something to do with eraser in the crash logs.
Only a clean reflash stopped it but YMMV

I turn off VOD EPG as instead of pulling in around 60k event it pulls in near 500k events with VOD EPG enabled which takes ages & slows the system down while its getting all that crud, its worth a mention but I dont see this being the issue unless EPG is set to run on startup which is also something I turn off to free up systems resources.

I turn off VOD EPG as instead of pulling in around 60k event it pulls in near 500k events with VOD EPG enabled which takes ages & slows the system down while its getting all that crud, its worth a mention but I dont see this being the issue unless EPG is set to run on startup which is also something I turn off to free up systems resources.
Yes that's how I started. ..epgimporter was set to run each morning at 6am
Often when I turned box on it was already frozen so would only start with reboot.
I'd run epgimporter manually but it would freeze.
I stopped VOD series and it got a bit better for a week or so then started crashing again, so I stopped importing VOD movies too, just live channels but this had little effect and after a few more weeks I had to flash the box to fully remove the plugin. It's never crashed since

Hi Folk's,

I have also been using Wooshbuild on ZGemma's for several years and the service has been excellent to say the least.
But I'm having some issues at the moment so was looking for some help.
Recently upgraded to new ZGemma H7s boxes with OpenATV v6.4 and Wooshbuild Infinity.
I complete all installs and set up with no issues and all plugins and functions work perfect.
Issue I have is that almost nightly at this stage the box hangs up on a channel with the small blue circle in the top left corner then completely freezes.
I have to reboot the box at the main power on/off button and all runs fine again.
Seems to happen more during the night so have to restart the box every morning.
Have disabled the AutoBouquet scheduled nightly scan and the auto IPTV refresh in the All4OneBouqust Adder plugin but this intermittent issue still occurs.
Boxes that I have set up for friends and family also have the same issue.
Appreciate if anyone has experienced this issue and knows how to resolve it.

Thanks.
It occasionally happened recently on my H5 box around the time of scheduled AutoBouquetsMaker and/or EPG Import updates, not sure which was responsible. But recent OpenATV 6.4 updates seem to have resolved it.

Often when I turned box on it was already frozen so would only start with reboot.
I'd run epgimporter manually but it would freeze.

this issue has been around for a few months now although an update to the plugin did improve things, I was left thinking the problem may be within the plugin only to have this disproved to me by both reworking several older systems along with clean installs on new systems & none of the builds gave a moments trouble using the exact same software so I never got to the bottom of it, the two systems I had this issue with were 1x Zgemma H2S & 1x Edision Mini which are both mipsel systems.
After already having changed the storage devices to eliminate those as a possible cause I ended up exchanging the boxes 'like for like' & built the image afresh which did the trick. The best I could surmise was something was hogging the ram &/or the system was stuck waiting on a response so it just sat there until it locked up or possibly the system itself could be starting to degrade.

Last edited:
this issue has been around for a few months now although an update to the plugin did improve things, I was left thinking the problem may be within the plugin only to have this disproved to me by both reworking several older systems along with clean installs on new systems & none of the builds gave a moments trouble using the exact same software so I never got to the bottom of it, the two systems I had this issue with were 1x Zgemma H2S & 1x Edision Mini which are both mipsel systems.
I exchanged the boxes 'like for like' & built the image afresh which did the trick. The best I could surmise was something was hogging the ram or the system was stuck waiting on a response & just sat there until it locked up.
I don't have a mipsel box any longer only ARM.
I've only heard of it happening on H7 series of boxes although I haven't really checked if other ARM boxes are affected.
I flashed openatv 6.4 two or three times and each time the plugin was added the trouble began.
Last time I flashed it (about 3 weeks ago) I didn't install the plugin.
It's never crashed since.
When the plugin was running it crashed 3 or 4 times a day regardless of watching freeview or IPTV

I use an android app on my phone

... thinking about it, I had an issue with my H7C a few weeks ago and it was the massive epgimport for VoD and TV series causing it.
This has to be the root cause as the issue only happens at night or following a reboot. There are nearly 700,000 events loading in EPG Importer with Live TV and VOD!
I'll reduce the number of Bouquets and see how it runs. Thanks.

I use an android app on my phone
Ok thanks.

As I stated above, I also assumed (at the beginning) that the epg download was the problem.
After replacing the USB several times I eventually stopped getting series epg and then movies epg so just live TV, got it down to around 50000 events. It made no difference, box wouldn't stay on longer than a few hours and changing channels etc would often take up to two minutes with spinner constantly going around

I'm still leaning towards some kind of software conflict but without a crash log I couldn't fathom it out so swapped/exchanged boxes, gave up & moved on

What box were you using?
I have no issues at all during the day and the box works perfectly.
It's only during the nightly updates or following a reboot when the Gremlins decide to come out :X3:

What box were you using?
I have no issues at all during the day and the box works perfectly.
It's only during the nightly updates or following a reboot when the Gremlins decide to come out :X3:

that would indicate a timer/setting like EPG, check the auto start times of both EPG & ABM & stagger them so they cant overlap & tie up resources, untick EPG for VOD movies/series & check EPGimporter isn't set to run on restart/startup

that would indicate a timer/setting like EPG, check the auto start times of both EPG & ABM & stagger them so they cant overlap & tie up resources, untick EPG for VOD movies/series & check EPGimporter isn't set to run on restart/startup
I have 4 hours between ABM and EPG Imports but will reduce the EPG content tonight and see how it goes.
Will come back with an update tomorrow.
Cheers for the help.

I'm still leaning towards some kind of software conflict but without a crash log I couldn't fathom it out so swapped/exchanged boxes, gave up & moved on

I have some crashlogs on my phone, will upload them shortly.

I can't make head nor tail of them, something about 'eraser handler fatal error' or some such similar shite

EDIT

I must have deleted them, can't find anything from past 6m

Last edited:
I have 4 hours between ABM and EPG Imports but will reduce the EPG content tonight and see how it goes
ABM completes a scan within a minute or two but EPG with VOD section ticked can be 40+mins, without VOD it's only about 5 mins if that so the only difference you would see is the box would be slow or none responsive IF you were to use the box while it is pulling in EPG but this would be more relavent to mipsel systems as they have less resources to start with, outside of this you wont notice anything unless the problem lies within the process of getting the EPG which is entirely possible as the system could be left hanging while it waits for a response from the EPG/Source software.

I have some crashlogs on my phone, will upload them shortly.

I can't make head nor tail of them, something about 'eraser handler fatal error' or some such similar shite
do you have EPG set to clear/erase before importing new? a pure guess given you had an 'erase' error but it could just as easy be the system ram not dumping handled packets

Last edited:
do you have EPG set to clear/erase before importing new? a pure guess given you had an 'erase' error but it could just as easy be the system ram not dumping handled packets

No it's never been set to that.
It even crashed using a brand new initialised and formatted USB (32gb)

Back