Looking at the future

Andrew 30

So with a couple providers been taking down laterly , where do you think the future is going ..... Will it still be iptv or back too card sharing or do use think there will be a new way / shape or form of getting are service , I hope they think of a brand new way of delivering the service but wouldn't imagine how haha ... What do you tech heads think

There's iptv euro Sat's available some recent providers taken down was cause they was plastered all over social media ie Facebook Instagram twitter plus paying for sponsored ads is their own downfall

Bit bloody daft that like , I do see people advertising on local buy sell swap pages .... Makes me laugh like .... Still though I would like too know where we are heading in the future like .... Get the mystic ball out haha

Tbh find an honest reliable provider whose on the ball. Euro Sat's read plenty of threads about it trying to convince missus for us to have a bigger dish is like me flying to Jamaica for a lads weekend (not happening) or it's paying the top brass what they want each month lol

Few options be motorised/multi lnb setup or IPTV. Thats what really availble now.

Legit is option if you want to pay the fat cats lol.

For evrey one they catch there are probably three opening. I think IPTV will be with us for a while. IPTV has been around since the old sky c/s days. it was just expensive.

My opinion is they will find a solution for Vermin again as it has always been vulnerable not sure about the sat side.

I can't see a way forward from their POV.
Unless they reconfigure TV completely to an entirely new system.
Freeview and freesat would be open.
Everything else dependant on a bar code or some other unique identifier that would be charged at ×£ per day, week or month and valid only for that one device.
If it's possible for cellphones to only get messages and calls intended for that device it can't be that hard to extend the same technology to TV.
Until that happens it remains a free for all

I can't see a way forward from their POV.
Unless they reconfigure TV completely to an entirely new system.
Freeview and freesat would be open.
Everything else dependant on a bar code or some other unique identifier that would be charged at ×£ per day, week or month and valid only for that one device.
If it's possible for cellphones to only get messages and calls intended for that device it can't be that hard to extend the same technology to TV.
Until that happens it remains a free for all
There are already ways of doing what you mention however, most of of it can be minipulated in some way. The more secure methods are not suitable for tv e,g sky or virgin could text you a pin code when you boot up the box. In the real world no will go for that they just want to switch on the device they use and watch TV. The more obstcales the legit suppliers put in the way they will loose business as people want convience.

And it adds costs to the monthly cost of the sub for the end user.

There are already ways of doing what you mention however, most of of it can be minipulated in some way. The more secure methods are not suitable for tv e,g sky or virgin could text you a pin code when you boot up the box. In the real world no will go for that they just want to switch on the device they use and watch TV. The more obstcales the legit suppliers put in the way they will loose business as people want convience.

And it adds costs to the monthly cost of the sub for the end user.
You misunderstand.
If each box/device had its own sim card.
Linked to customer account.
Each customer would buy a week/ month at a time.
There wouldn't be any resistance or looking elsewhere as the sky/vm/talktalk prices would all be similar and no matter what box or device you use it would need that sim card.
I can't send or receive texts and calls using your sim card on my mobile.
You can't send texts or anything else using someone else's sim card on yours.
Put that technology in a TV or TV box and it's finished

Back