Looking For 8gb (2x4gb) DDR2 667mhz RAM for Desktop PC (HP)

Hello Peeps , Ive been trying to get a hold of memory for my pc. its an old boy though i have a laptop with winblows 10 etc i still like the old style pc for flashing phones etc . just seems to work better on the older winblows 8. The only thing is it is slow as fook with only 3gb memory over 2 slots. so i thought maybe one of you tech savvy dudes may have an old tower with decent ddr2 ram (non Server). if so pm me please and we'll talk. many thanks adios.

go to website crucial and give them permission to scan your computer after scan you will end up with (memory) (storage) and (chipset) click on the one you need and they will be compatible with your computer

I may have some ram in an old tower pc when I get chance I will go down to kids playhouse and see if I still have the tower

I may have some ram in an old tower pc when I get chance I will go down to kids playhouse and see if I still have the tower
Alright there baz how's things? Staying safe I hope, yeah that's dinky doo m8 let me know if theyre as described and I'll take them off your hands if you're wanting rid of em.

go to website crucial and give them permission to scan your computer after scan you will end up with (memory) (storage) and (chipset) click on the one you need and they will be compatible with your computer
Gray I've been through crucial and similar, and my system wasn't even recognised lol. Its an old hp dv100 but the ram required will run on it as I had another similar to it years ago. Ive been everywhere on the Web and the only ram of that capacity etc is for servers, the stuff for pc on Web these days they're wanting funny money for, but I'd probably get a full new pc for same price you know?

haha get what your saying have you tried ebay got old memory for my mates of there a good while ago

haha get what your saying have you tried ebay got old memory for my mates of there a good while ago
Yeah bud it's mostly server ram on there and ddr2 800mhz not the 667mhz required for my mb. Onwards and upwards will get there in the end. just too tight to go out and by a new tower I suppose lol

I have a motherboard complete with CPU and which has 4 ram slots with a maximum capacity of 8gb in 2gb modules,there are plenty on the bay. CPU is either 2.6 or2.8 It was plenty fast enough om XP with 3gb ram already installed. Google this ga-g33m-ds2r/s2

Last edited:
I have a motherboard complete with CPU and which has 4 ram slots with a maximum capacity of 8gb in 2gb modules,there are plenty on the bay. CPU is either 2.6 or2.8 It was plenty fast enough om XP with 3gb ram already installed. Google this ga-g33m-ds2r/s2
Hi woody thanks for your reply, Its just a new mb I've put in this comp m8 so really just looking for ram to insert over x2 slots @4gb a piece. As gray mentioned earlier about crucial etc they're talking far too expensive for standalone ddr2 sticks and am not really wanting to pay that much on an upgrade to an old system bud.

I said there is plenty 2gb modules on the bay 'ebay' £20 ish would give you 8gb ram in 2gb modules which the board takes, l had 4x1gb in when l built it then 1 module developed a fault and was removed hence as i said 3gb already fitted and it was plenty fast enough O/C to3.2 No problem l will find a use for it some day (y)

Back