looking for a new laptop

celticfc

TK Veteran
hi guys... i am looking for a new laptop (not mac ) and wondered if anyone has any idea what to buy, i have £500 to spend, anyone any ideas
thanx

All the new laptops should come with Windows 10 now, I would recommend at least an i5 or i7 with 8GB or 16GB preferred memory and an SSD solid state Drive. Don`t get one with a standard traditional hard drive. Dell or HP laptops provide good support.

All the new laptops should come with Windows 10 now, I would recommend at least an i5 or i7 with 8GB or 16GB preferred memory and an SSD solid state Drive. Don`t get one with a standard traditional hard drive. Dell or HP laptops provide good support.

i have a dell e6510...with i5...4gb....and 250ssd...wondered if its worth renewing or staying with what i have
cheers

based on that spec m8 i would be inclined to wipe and re-load if its got a bit slow, defo boost that memory to at least 8 but 16GB better.
check the bios is up to date also.
what you running Win 7 or 10 ?

based on that spec m8 i would be inclined to wipe and re-load if its got a bit slow, defo boost that memory to at least 8 but 16GB better.
check the bios is up to date also.
what you running Win 7 or 10 ?

hi m8 on win 7, updated bios to latest last week, what benefit do i get installing more memory if windows only recognises 3gig
thanx

it shouldn`t unless your on Windows 7 32bit?
click start, then right click computer, should tell you there?

if on 64bit should be no issues putting in more memory, it helps to load programs better and faster. its just my personal choice but 8gb would be a good upgrade against £500 new laptop?

if on 64bit should be no issues putting in more memory, it helps to load programs better and faster. its just my personal choice but 8gb would be a good upgrade against £500 new laptop?
ok i,ll check price for memory, thanx for your help m8

hi again i went to crucial
http://uk.crucial.com/ProductDispla...anId=E665FF6931D926C3&langId=-1&storeId=10153
then amazon to check, and amazon show ...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-DDR3L-PC3L-12800-SODIMM-204-Pin/dp/B009RBN6I6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1501603841&sr=1-1&keywords=Crucial+4GB+DDR3L-1600+SODIMM&th=1
Crucial 4 GB DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3L-12800) SODIMM 204-Pin Memory
it advertises 1600 MT/s and 1866 MT/s
whats thr difference between 1600mt/s and 1866 mt/s and can i put 1866 mt/s in my e6510 ,( crucial only shows 1600 compatibilty i have 2 memory slots and can i put 1 8gig
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Computer...sr=1-1&keywords=Crucial+8GB+DDR3L-1600+SODIMM
in instead of 2 4gig
thanx

those numbers are the speed of the memory 1866 being quicker than 1600, but where talking milliseconds lol. best thing is to take back cover off or sometimes its easy access and take a picture of the mem stick. then see on flee bay what's going. ?? yes you can put just 1 x 8gb in as opposed to 2 x 4 or leave in the 4 and just add the 8 also.

those numbers are the speed of the memory 1866 being quicker than 1600, but where talking milliseconds lol. best thing is to take back cover off or sometimes its easy access and take a picture of the mem stick. then see on flee bay what's going. ?? yes you can put just 1 x 8gb in as opposed to 2 x 4 or leave in the 4 and just add the 8 also.

its 2 2gig i have so i could put 1 8gig in and leave 1 2gig in also ?
thanx again m8, appreciate the help

Back