Looking for advice - UK FTA + Irish Saorview combo

NeVeR

I'm looking to install a new dish and antenna to get UK FTA and Irish Saorview ( I live in Ireland )

I want to get a box that will handle both (I don't want one box for UK and another for Ireland)

Also I'd like it where the one piece of software looks after both - meaning the stations would go something like

RTE 1
RTE 2
etc etc etc
BBC1
BBC2
etc etc etc

So they run side by side Saorview and UK FTA.
Which box is best to do something like this.
thanks.

Get an enigma 2 box with satellite and terrestrial connections on the back. You will pull the uk channels through your satellite dish and saorview through your terrestrial aerial. Install wooshbuld infinity and it will give you the option to use saorview and sat combo and they will all be in the same place. I have a zgemma h2s with a dvb t usb tuner and works perfect

Zgemma H7S 4K UHD H.265 HEVC Triple Tuner Combo 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream Digital Receiver

google freetv ie . He can show you options for antenna ,external, attic for saorview . or even if you look at saorsat , he has options where you can use your original dish to recieve both 28.2e & 9e without moving dish . They would also be able to advise of aerial type for your part of country if you go that route

Have just got the zgemma h7s looking set up for saorview i Have two sat cables connected and saorview one connected to tuner c what settings do need use run the scan

I'm looking to install a new dish and antenna to get UK FTA and Irish Saorview ( I live in Ireland )

I want to get a box that will handle both (I don't want one box for UK and another for Ireland)

Also I'd like it where the one piece of software looks after both - meaning the stations would go something like

RTE 1
RTE 2
etc etc etc
BBC1
BBC2
etc etc etc

So they run side by side Saorview and UK FTA.
Which box is best to do something like this.
thanks.
In Dublin I use a Zgemma H5 running OpenATV 6.4 & WooshBuild Infinity to receive Saorview, FreeSat NI and Sky NI. Saorview is Terrestrial and the others are Satellite. In Zgemma the AutoBouquetsMaker plugin creates 3 separate Bouquets, one each for Saorview, FreeSat UK/NI and Sky UK/NI. To combine the RTE & BBC channels in one bouquet just add them to your Favourites bouquet.

Since when i was looking at the RTE news a few minutes ago.
Adjust your region for setup.
If i am on another sat i press the green button and sat list comes up with my Saorview service first and select that and it brings up my listed Irish channels.

Attachments

• saorview setup.jpg
    saorview setup.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 27
  • sat tv.jpg
    sat tv.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back