Looking for advice

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place. I am Looking for advice on what to replace my Zgemma box with as it has now stopped working with all the channels slowly being turned off. I am a novice when it comes to these things so looking for help to make my next decision. I know I can still make use of the Zgemma box by adding Iptv on to it. What are people on here using. Any threads on here to point me in the right direction would be appreciated

I have a zgemma star h1 box if that helps

Yeah you've posted in the right place.

The channels via Sky/cable are going off because the TV companies are changing the encryption of how they send out their TV so it's impossible to rip off.

For your device, a zgemma star is quite an old box - a mate of mine had iptv on his and it ran ok but took forever to load channels so I'd say you're right to be thinking about a new device. A firestick or a cheap (about £40) android box will serve your needs.

I actually prefer IPTV to the old CS as you get all EPL football matches, and a big VOD section with TV series and movies. Post in the request thread at the top of this board on the forum once you've got your device and you'll be inundated with offers of free trials. Take a few trials (usually anything from 1 hour upwards) over a couple of weekends before going with a short subscription (I'd suggest 3 months) until you're happy with the service, then 12 month subs are best value.

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place. I am Looking for advice on what to replace my Zgemma box with as it has now stopped working with all the channels slowly being turned off. I am a novice when it comes to these things so looking for help to make my next decision. I know I can still make use of the Zgemma box by adding Iptv on to it. What are people on here using. Any threads on here to point me in the right direction would be appreciated

I have a zgemma star h1 box if that helps
Before you attempt to buy a new box, try IPTV on your zgemma. I am using IPTV on my h2s which is working fine but it's not great for pause/record/rewind for IPTV

Thanks for the responses on here. I had a feeling the box I have is a little outdated. It’s served me well but I think it’s time for an upgrade. Going to go through my options and work out what is best. Need to educate myself on the different formats available

Another vote for H9S. (or H9.2H for terrestrial). That's what I've got set up for Freeview and IPTV and there was never an issue, until my provider pee'd off that is.

Florian.

Back