looking to build a card sharing server - help please

hi all,

im looking to build my own card sharing server and was wondering if anybody could to point me to a good 'how-to' or 'setup guide',
i am new to this but im no novice when it comes to chipping, repairing and reading how-to's...lol

i have a f3 box that use's a paid server but would like to set-up my own,
i did try the search feature and it brought 100's of things just not what i was looking for really

ill say thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer

hi sync, thanks for your response

i would be looking to setup a reliable server to make money from,
im prepared to spend money to get it setup and make sure its reliable, im not a fly by night and intend to offer a great server for a great price,
im even prepared to have a seconded dedicated line installed just for the the server,

like i said although im new to this, im not new to this sort of thing and shouldn't have to much trouble setting it up once i get my hands on the info,
im sure if i do run into the problems along the way the fast knowledge base here would help me through,

thanks again

hi sync, thanks for your response

i would be looking to setup a reliable server to make money from,
im prepared to spend money to get it setup and make sure its reliable, im not a fly by night and intend to offer a great server for a great price,
im even prepared to have a seconded dedicated line installed just for the the server,

like i said although im new to this, im not new to this sort of thing and shouldn't have to much trouble setting it up once i get my hands on the info,
im sure if i do run into the problems along the way the fast knowledge base here would help me through,

thanks again

some info here Card Sharing,How does it work?

hi faceache, thanks for the link mate it was useful but its not really telling me how to go about setting up a server,
what im looking for is a guide to what hardware and software is needed and how to go about it setting it all up and getting it running,

but like i said i want to provide a professional service im prepared to spend good money on good hardware so want to make sure everything is perfect
i just need to find a decent setting up guide to help me through the parts i don't yet understand but will do very soon i hope,

Its simple to share a card with friends and family, all you need is a dreambox and a card thats not paired to latest box, so for a couple of hundred quid that is possible. What I dont think people realise is how difficult and sometimes very expensive to start your own dedicated server, not necessarily the hardware as any old computer can be used, but the costs of running a server is quite expensive and not as easy as a lot of people think. There are millions of shit companies offering pay servers that are overloading cards and giving people the worse experience ever, they probably started by checking google and then realised they are way out of their depth. Also dont forget the legal side, if you dont know how to cover your tracks you will be caught easier than you imagine. Is it worth it? What if you get no customers the first month because of the amount of competition? You will always be backtracking as you still have high monthly costs associated with it. Another biggie is being able to use linux as the majority of the work is linux based.

Back