Looking to upgrade my Zgemma H.2h Iptv for iptv with internal HDD?

itsmrjt

TK Veteran
It's been ages since I've been on here. Been busy with other interests at heart.

I've owned my zgemma H.2h for like 3 years.. never failed to let me down. However I've always wanted a box where I can install a internal hdd 2.5" to be precise. The H.2h has been brilliant with wooshbuild regarding iptv would like to be able to have the internal option to download VOD to the hdd as the option is available on my iptv sub.. so if anyone can find me a grate box with good hardware and all the options I need that includes a epg on the remote. Just like the Zgemma. That would hit the nail on the head.

Sorry I've been away so long. And thank you for keeping my login active. Very much appreciate.

The Zgemma H7S has a 2.5inch slot in the rear for hard drives, there are other box options but the H7s is one of the cheaper one with internal HDD.

Would be a significant step up from your H2H

Sounds like a good idea.. also what are the others like regarding wooshbuild as I really do like the way it works like a sky box with the epg are there any other boxes that work the same way ?

Wooshbuild is available for the H7S, i dont use builds though.

Wooshbuild supports most E2 boxes just a matter of finding one that has internal hard drive option. The VU+ range are good boxes but come with a price tag.

It's been ages since I've been on here. Been busy with other interests at heart.

I've owned my zgemma H.2h for like 3 years.. never failed to let me down. However I've always wanted a box where I can install a internal hdd 2.5" to be precise. The H.2h has been brilliant with wooshbuild regarding iptv would like to be able to have the internal option to download VOD to the hdd as the option is available on my iptv sub.. so if anyone can find me a grate box with good hardware and all the options I need that includes a epg on the remote. Just like the Zgemma. That would hit the nail on the head.

Sorry I've been away so long. And thank you for keeping my login active. Very much appreciate.
I replaced my Zgemma H.2H with Zgemma H5 Combo, then I replaced that with Zgemma H9 Combo.
All above running OpenATV 6.4 with WooshBuild Infinity and SkyNew Skin.
I have installed a Seagate ST1000VT001 1TB Internal HDD in the H9 Combo.

Last edited:
These all sound like good boxes.. do any of them have the issue with channel freeze ? My zgemma h.2h will occasionally do it. So il channel flick up or down one to refresh it.. obviously one with the hardware or with at least good specs that runs same as the zgemma with wooshbuild would be cool. Also I wouldn't want to install wooshbuild on the hdd as I'd want that for downloads or recording. I'm also loving the catch up TV.. its actually works! Must say IPTV is getting better and better as more n more streaming takes hold of life because of demand.

These all sound like good boxes.. do any of them have the issue with channel freeze ? My zgemma h.2h will occasionally do it. So il channel flick up or down one to refresh it..
Never had that problem on the H7 i had but i suspect the was nothing to do with your hardware anyway but a connection issue.

Hi guys, looking to upgrade my Zgemma H2S. Had many years of fun but time to upgrade. I know there is a delay with version 10 but happy to go with version 9. Lots of baffling techie info. We use satellite for UK tv, terrestrial and UK streaming. Also upgrading our tv. hopefully to 4K. Time to move to 21st century. Any advice gratefully received.

The h9 Combo is hard to get hold of now and out of stock at most places and no longer manufactured. The H9s and SE id personally stay away from.

If you want to stay with the Zgemma brand id go with the H7 at this time if not look at the Octagon Sf8008 4k or the Gigablue Trio

ferret mate ive got the h9.2h se and the e2 side of the box works fine the android side isnt very reliable but dont use much anyway got it to test the android side to see if it would be ok but a bit dissapointed with it but the e2 side of box works fine for iptv ans terrestrial tv and only £78

ferret mate ive got the h9.2h se and the e2 side of the box works fine the android side isnt very reliable but dont use much anyway got it to test the android side to see if it would be ok but a bit dissapointed with it but the e2 side of box works fine for iptv ans terrestrial tv and only £78
Just couldn't get a tune out of mine moving a motor, sent it back.

The h9 Combo is hard to get hold of now and out of stock at most places and no longer manufactured. The H9s and SE id personally stay away from.

If you want to stay with the Zgemma brand id go with the H7 at this time if not look at the Octagon Sf8008 4k or the Gigablue Trio
Thanks, I’ll check the H7 but there are hardly any around atm. I’d seen the discussion on the Octagon, is it the same kind of setup? As there are good reviews and I can source from EU.

Thanks, I’ll check the H7 but there are hardly any around atm. I’d seen the discussion on the Octagon, is it the same kind of setup? As there are good reviews and I can source from EU.
Same setup on the octagon as the zgemma h7 or h9 se. The h9s boxes are rubbish get either h7 or octagon

I have the Octagon and to be honest there are not many mid priced e2 boxes ive not had and it is a cracking box for the money.

All the same images can be run on it that you can on the Zgemma range.

usb (& with minimal storage) is all that is needed for iptv workspace & epg/picon storage.

Back