losing connection on skybox f3

hi,

i have just bought the skybox f3 about a week ago and what i have found it tends to lose the connection from the internet to the skybox a number of times i also use a
spiderbox and on that box it does not happen, any ideas, is there a fix etc! to solve the problem, i get fed up of switching the back button on and off, there does not seem to be a button on the remote to reboot the box, also is there any button on the remote to save channel data 28e, 19e,13e,1w to usb, unless i am mistaken i dont think there is.

regards

U could try new firmware on the box but remember your loose everything on there and back up the firmware on there first.

yes i changed the wire it still goes off now and then and as far as putting new firmware in the box as i am looking now in the skybox it states , 3601hd 31.10.2012 ob39, i wish i could save the channel lists to usb i think i would change the firmware now, but at the moment using 28e,19e,13,e and 1w it took me days to sort out all the channels. The strange thing is when i am on 28e the pictures run great on that sat no problem thumbs up etc! the connection stays connected and one remark to tornado, back up the firmware you say, can i back up my channel lists?

yes i changed the wire it still goes off now and then and as far as putting new firmware in the box as i am looking now in the skybox it states , 3601hd 31.10.2012 ob39, i wish i could save the channel lists to usb i think i would change the firmware now, but at the moment using 28e,19e,13,e and 1w it took me days to sort out all the channels. The strange thing is when i am on 28e the pictures run great on that sat no problem thumbs up etc! the connection stays connected and one remark to tornado, back up the firmware you say, can i back up my channel lists?

Yes m8 you can save both the channel file and the firmware to a usb device ;) , I would also doubt the losing connection is down to the image more like a s3v3r issue to me

Yes m8 you can save both the channel file and the firmware to a usb device ;)

now that sounds great, the number of days i have spent setting up the channels in correct of order of how i want them, excellent news, but one thing where abouts is it i can save them, its a new box for me otherwise i have got the jist of most of the box

I dont have the box to hand at this time but its where you need to update the firmware you have the option to save as well, look for other files and download the channel file as a TP_prog file that is the way t will come down on your usb, its a dbs file

I had one before where it must of had a bad firmware load,not every f3 box is the same u may even have a bad one but it not harm to try other firmware on it but i would only tell someone to do this if its playing up.

thanks for the replys , i have not managed to save channel data, i am going to leave it for now, one thing my spiderbox works ok, so the servers ok

Back