Lost recordings on z Gemma star 2s

Pearsy

Hi all. Had my z Gemma star 2s in for 3 month. All of a sudden my recordings have been lost and some channels on epg do not list programmes any further than an hour ahead. If I try to record something now it says write error disk full? Had 60% free space other day though???

My default setting for recordings are media/hdd/movie but it says that it doesn't exist. I'm all a bit new to this as someone else set it up for me I just plugged it in and watched. Thanks for your help

Then it looks like you HDD isn't setup correctly, go into the system menu and find the opion for your HDD and format it to Ext4 and then mount it, once you set it for recordings it should accept the HDD then

Thanks very much. I wouldn't even no where to start by system menu do u mean in the TV menu? What do I need to format it? As I said I'm clueless about this sort of thing sorry

Not your TV menu but your zgemma box menu (press menu on your remote) then then you will see system menu where you can set your box up via all the settings. Your box can format the HDD for you.

if your running openvix I'm sure its:

Menu --> Setup --> System --> Storage devices --> Initialisation (Select your USB/HDD) --> Initialise with red button and you can Format to EXT4 from that menu too
Now do this:
Menu --> Setup --> Vix --> Mount Manager (make sure the mount is to /HDD and format to Ext4)

Excellent thank u very much. Could you help as to why majority of channels on epg have no programme listings on the bar bbc1 bbc2 itv n 4? Only been like this last 2 days still receive all channels to view just no programme listings. Cheers

These boxes by default put everything in the trash can when you delete something.
Press file button on your remote and look through all the folders including the trashcan. A bet there is a tone of crap in there ;)

I've just experienced the same after 3 months - all recordings vanished but my recording directory is still there and accessible from my Linux laptop.
I originally installed my wooshbuild infinity on a 64GB usb drive which I prefomated EXT4. Then I replaced it with with a 1TB usb drive which was also preformated entirely to EXT4.
Everything else appears to be working normally except Recording screen displays - 64kB(100%) disk space. So I deduce that my h2s still thinks it only has the original USB installed.
Please can anyone tell me if I can change settings so it can see the full 1Tb without reformating or reinstalling?

make sure the hdd is mounted on /media/hdd - press the red button on remote and then select Plugins -> Mountmanager

Your hdd should be listed and have mount: /media/hdd, if the mount is not set then press green button and change to /media/hdd and then press the green button

Thanks - yes it still seems to be mounted correctly and I can see movie directory but under it all deleted. I have apparently hit the 100% full limit although in theory should be another 900gb. I have run gparted on the disk which shows the single big EXT4 partition.
I can create a new directory under movie but cannot copy files across.
recording-prob.jpg

Last edited:
what free space does your linux laptop say there is on it?

the ' displays - 64kB(100%) disk space.' suggests it's using the internal space.

I think I see what you mean. So my actual HDD is not actually mounted and my recordings are therefore not seen.
It was OK yesterday then suddenly gone. I will try some more tests tomorrow.

Looks like my hew Toshiba 1TB has got a corrupt superblock and a reformat is the only answer. Quite a pity since I was getting very pleased and confident with my box and I do not know how or when it happened. From now on I will use a 64GB usb and copy off recordings I want to keep to my reformatted 1TB.
Seems these errors are often caused by mains surges but I have never had this happen to me before. I will also check my recently bought surge protectors.

where did you get the toshiba from? I've been using the same one for years without an issue.

where did you get the toshiba from? I've been using the same one for years without an issue.
Amazon France - just after Christmas. I too have been using Toshiba USB drives for years without trouble. I also found another 64G drive I had been using had the same fault so I dont blame the Toshiba. It must have been the zgemma, a mains spike or me being too clumsy when rebooting. Since I browse and control from my laptop I will be more careful in future.

Back