Mac address not matching

Paulh24

Hi, a guy I know purchased a Zgemma box dunno where from, but he brought it round cos doesn't know how to flash it. Anyways I checked box over, did the reflash & installed his updates for free IPTV ect ect.

I then went into the box menu > information > Network & then noticed his Mac doesn't look right, checked that to the one on his label n it's nothing like it.

So I'm thinking would the build woosh v6 of changed it or is the box possibly been repaired n mac changed on mother board or it's a clone?

I have flashed many boxes for friends & family members but never seen this happen before so I think I can rule out wooshbuild

Can anybody advise please?

Thank you
Paul

It may be refurbished mate as you say

You can change a Mac address on a e2 box by following this mate....

How to change Mac address on enigma 2 stb

OK before you try the following make sure you make backups as if it goes wrong your network could become unstable and you might have to reflash but this just worked for me.

FTP to etc/network/if-pre-up.d

Here you should find a file named cm

Copy to desktop and open in notepad++

You will see your mac address.

Change to desired mac address, save and then FTP back to same location

Reboot box.

Done

Keep this file safe as if you reflash your box it will revert back to original mac and cause issues again. (i just backed up the contents of the network folder and FTP it back after a reflash)

never tried but Press menu button and then select Setup -> System -> Network ->Device setup -> Network MAC Settings

never tried but Press menu button and then select Setup -> System -> Network ->Device setup -> Network MAC Settings
did your version m8, worked a treat, thanks

It may be refurbished mate as you say

You can change a Mac address on a e2 box by following this mate....

How to change Mac address on enigma 2 stb

OK before you try the following make sure you make backups as if it goes wrong your network could become unstable and you might have to reflash but this just worked for me.

FTP to etc/network/if-pre-up.d

Here you should find a file named cm

Copy to desktop and open in notepad++

You will see your mac address.

Change to desired mac address, save and then FTP back to same location

Reboot box.

Done

Keep this file safe as if you reflash your box it will revert back to original mac and cause issues again. (i just backed up the contents of the network folder and FTP it back after a reflash)

Thanks for that m8 but took the shorter route but cheers anyways.

Looking at the Mac that was showing, took me a bit till I saw it but it was 00:00:grin:E:AD:BE:EF <<<< DEAD BEEF

No matter what flash put on the box, mac always shows dead beef. Can't see much about it on the net so god knows why it's doing it.

Back