Mag 254 Ghosting Issue

casbah

Hi, hoping someone can advise me on an issue I have. Whenever I watch football and the ball is moving it seems to have a ghosting issue behind and in front of the ball. Everything else to do with the picture is fine, just when the ball is moving. I've read that messing around with the buffer section on the mag box can help, but it does't seem to help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Found this in another thread mate may help you

The ghosting isn't to do with you DL speed, it is due to device. On your device, change the output to 50hz instead of 60. Also if you have a TV with settings like 'motion detect' etc then turn it off. That will fix it and it will look crystal clear.

Thanks for that mate, I'll give it a go. Does it make a difference if picture is set to 1080p or 1080i? I'm just messing around with some of the different settings.

On your High Definition (HD) TV, you may have the choice of 1080p mode and 1080i mode. Both modes offer the same pixel resolution: 1,920 x 1,080. The difference is in the scan type they use. The p in 1080p stands for progressive scan, and the i in 1080istands for interlaced

Not to sure what that means pal but from what I get they both display the same resolution out so don't think that will make a difference pal

Thanks again for your help, having messed around with both the 1080p and 1080i I can't see a difference but your earlier advice seems to have improved things, cheers

that also happens on some tvs years ago with fast action like when panning from side to side it would jitter and leave a ghost trail,better tvs can handle fast moving content.

The problem is nearly all UK sport on iptv is converted down to 25 frames per second. This is why you will see blurring. Sly and VM output at 50fps so it will look a lot crisper and smoother. Some US channels on iptv are 60fps and look really good.

Back