Mag 254 Help Please

Junkmanuk

Hi

I've just got a mag 254 from a family member with 6 Months iptv subscription on it

I have been watching TV on it but its freezing all the time

I did a speed test and it's wired too and I'm getting speeds max 2.5mb but I'm on 200mb fibre

So I want to try Stb emulator on a fire tv but I cannot find the portal address on the mag

Does anyone know where I can find it as it seems hidden on the mag

Thanks

What speeds are you getting on other devices? Turn off your router for 30 minutes then back on to reset the connection .

settings > inner portal > settings > system settings > servers > portals

How ever on a speed test you should be getting about 11 to 12 meg download speed... (I wouldn't say 30 minutes for your router but a restart of all equipment wouldn't go a miss)

is this wireless or LAN ?

sounds like you are on Virgin, they must be either having problems on there lines or your router may need changing, had this happen to a few friends who are on Virgin and they sent out an engineer then replaced router. Give your provider a call first.

On mag box pull out power lead when box starts up press set up button,
then system settings,
servers,
portals.
Your portal will be in there.

or cursor across to settings on screen press ok cursor to goto inner portal then settings etc.

settings > inner portal > settings > system settings > servers > portals

How ever on a speed test you should be getting about 11 to 12 meg download speed... (I wouldn't say 30 minutes for your router but a restart of all equipment wouldn't go a miss)

is this wireless or LAN ?

Hi thanks for the reply

When I go to servers there is no portal option its only general option that gives me a ntp server

It is wired

sounds like you are on Virgin, they must be either having problems on there lines or your router may need changing, had this happen to a few friends who are on Virgin and they sent out an engineer then replaced router. Give your provider a call first.

On mag box pull out power lead when box starts up press set up button,
then system settings,
servers,
portals.
Your portal will be in there.

or cursor across to settings on screen press ok cursor to goto inner portal then settings etc.

I am on virgin yes

Im getting 80mb on wireless in Kodi
Im getting 200mb on my phone and 200mb wired on my laptop

Also there is no portal option in the servers menu just general

Thanks

that's a bit off that there is no portal option, I wonder where it's getting the info from...?

have you updated it?

Have you tried updating software in box?
Has you may have a clone box has you should have server / portals.
Did you buy box off fleabay or somewhere like that?

Box could have been locked by his provider so he will have to do a software update from bios but he could have a clone?

I got it from my father in Cyprus with 6 Months subscription

Just done another speex test and got 1.94 mbps rubbish

Speed test on the box?
Or your internet in general?
Was it working before?
Have you pressed ok on General tab on box server or on more?

Speed test on the box?
Or your internet in general?
Was it working before?
Have you pressed ok on General tab on box server or on more?

The speed test was on the mag box

Just done a inner portal speed test and I got 9.12mbps

It works but freezes a lot

In general it just gives me a ntp server

Back