Mag 256 surplus?

Nugg3t82

OK, so I've had a mag 256 for about 2 years, runs well (apart from this throttling from isp) last few weeks it has been taking about a minute to load a channel, where its usually instant. I contacted my supplier and he seems to think nobody uses mag boxes anymore, and to purchase an amazon fire stick instead.

So my 1st question is, are mag boxes at the end of their sell by dates with iptv?

And my 2nd question is, are amazon fire sticks better than mag boxes for iptv?

OK, so I've had a mag 256 for about 2 years, runs well (apart from this throttling from isp) last few weeks it has been taking about a minute to load a channel, where its usually instant. I contacted my supplier and he seems to think nobody uses mag boxes anymore, and to purchase an amazon fire stick instead.

So my 1st question is, are mag boxes at the end of their sell by dates with iptv?

I think it boils down to personal preference however I stopped using my mag 256 about 9 months ago. I already had a couple of android boxes which I found were more flexible to use as I could install stb emu + countless number of other apps such as kodi, Netflix and and all the free streaming software. Perhaps the biggest game changer at the time was I could install a vpn on each box.
Since then because this is my hobby and I want to try different hardware I am currently using a 2nd generation firestick and a 4k one, I think they are great. I find them very stable, cant remember them ever crashing or having to reboot due to freezing both of which occasionally happened with the mag and the android box. In my experience I have found the 4k loads quicker as does the channel change but the 2nd generation is still perfectly functional.
As I said at the beginning its very much personal preference and experience but I really rate the sticks on my budget.

It seems informir the manufactuer of mag box's are updating firmwares to stop services. I still use my mag box 351 and works perfectly fine as I turned auto update off over a year ago.

firesticks 4k are very good little devices. if you put STBemu on your firestick you can use your current line on it and it will be the same interface as your mag box.

hope this helps.

you will just need your supplier to change MAC address over to your new firestick MAC address.
You just change the mac on stb emu pro to the one of the mag box so don't need to give provider new mac address as your changing stb emu pro one to match the one of mag box job done

Firesticks are better than the old mags which has been pointed out with old mags can't have external players codes issues with vod and can't have vpn where as with firestick you can

You just change the mac on stb emu pro to the one of the mag box so don't need to give provider new mac address as your changing stb emu pro one to match the one of mag box job done

Firesticks are better than the old mags which has been pointed out with old mags can't have external players codes issues with vod and can't have vpn where as with firestick you can
thats good didn't realise you could change MAC address. good info to know cheers mate (y)

I think a lot of iptv providers nowadays try to steer people towards firesticks and android boxes coz they're much easier to advise on setting up with iptv and maintenance, fault finding etc is was easier. There's a lot of iptv sellers who weren't around in CS days so although they know what mag, enigma etc boxes are, they don't have a "working knowledge" of using them so they don't encourage customers to use them.

It seems informir the manufactuer of mag box's are updating firmwares to stop services. I still use my mag box 351 and works perfectly fine as I turned auto update off over a year ago.

firesticks 4k are very good little devices. if you put STBemu on your firestick you can use your current line on it and it will be the same interface as your mag box.

hope this helps.

4K Firesticks are great. I've used STB EMU for years. I agree the menu is the same but it's not the same when for example you want to search for something. A mag will have the color coded keys and searching is a doddle. You do not get that on a firestick or STB EMU. Only way you'd get that is if on an Andriod box with the ability to map the keys.

Back