mag 256 & vpn

You could buy a vpn and configure router with it then when your box is connected to router everything should be sweet I use overplay smart dns very easy to set up

hi chaps, just wondered if anyone managed to do this? - just bought a MAG256 and would love to setup a VPN (to PureVpn or PIA) but can't see settings anywhere?

thanks in advance

hi chaps, just wondered if anyone managed to do this? - just bought a MAG256 and would love to setup a VPN (to PureVpn or PIA) but can't see settings anywhere?

thanks in advance
I don't think it's possible through the mag box.

Best bet is to buy a router that's capable of running a VPN, then you can set it up to allow some things through the VPN and others not.

I would buy a decent quality router as you can and do lose speed using a VPN. A decent router will help keep the speed up.

Look for a twin core with 1ghz or more processor if you can.

I don't think it's possible through the mag box.

Best bet is to buy a router that's capable of running a VPN, then you can set it up to allow some things through the VPN and others not.

I would buy a decent quality router as you can and do lose speed using a VPN. A decent router will help keep the speed up.

Look for a twin core with 1ghz or more processor if you can.

hi and thanks for replying, been looking at this badboy , way more than I planned to spend but looks pretty decent to me (in my amateur Eyes), what do you think?

Flashed with asuswrt-merlin
hi, not sure what I should flash it with, is that a good one to start with? - I'd like to be able to setup multiple VPN connections to PureVPN & PIA and hopefully easily switch between them, is that possible with this?

hi, not sure what I should flash it with, is that a good one to start with? - I'd like to be able to setup multiple VPN connections to PureVPN & PIA and hopefully easily switch between them, is that possible with this?
Theres a few that can be flashed, Tomato, DD-WRT , Asuswrt-merlin

I use the Asuswrt-merlin

You can configure it to 5 different clients so yes is the answer to your question.

hi all,
does anyone know if a vpn can be run on a mag 256 ie: IPVanish.

thanks
vandan
Run IPVanish on amazon firestick, then install stbEmu (pro) into the stick via downloader, this is the same as whats in the MAGBOX but faster, or use smartIPTV app, we also use Stemio Beta for films better than Kodi, add Netflix and ITV hub and my tuner for radio all good to go. Streaming is supplied by vfm.club both MAG and SMART TV, Enigma2 and Extream app excellent service and clean clear picture. Run the smartIPTV app on the TV and you dont need a external box, Got the MAG254 and this really beats it the firestick is understated. IPvanish app installs easily and runs well. The ITV hub works as it thinks its in the UK but Netflix doesn't it detects its on a VPN and won't work so you need to disable the VPN to run that. VFM has 6000 HD films that run great via the VPN but you dont need to use a VPN if your not on one of the assholes ISP's that block streaming, or out of the UK, my stick works right off my 4G phone too. The downside is you cant record as there are no external ports, but run plex media server on the same network and install Kodi then you can save to that box. Used to build openVPN into belkin routers works very well used HMA at the time. Update the firmware with tomato.

Hope this info helps.

Although you can setup multiple VPN connections you can only have one running at a time. Just thought I'd mention this in case it isn't clear to anyone.

Back