Mag 322 and old Samsung tv

tonybev

hi
just gave my daughter my mag 322 and ordered ordered a new fire stick of same supplier for myself
problem my daughter has is the mag box will work fine on the Neon tv in the bedroom but not on the Samsung tv in the living room
the Samsung tv starts the process of getting the mag box to work but ends at the informir title and a message come on the screen saying Mode not supported
tried a few ideas mentioned in this forum like changing resolution on tv and even one idea that worked for one member hoovering the hdmi sockets and air vents on the tv but it did not work
the Samsung tv is model no LE40M87BD at least 10 years old
any help would be appreciated

Mode not supported sounds like tv cant support it
Is tv full hd 1920 x 1080 or hd ready??
I have a hd ready and cant run full hd on my screen setting using desktop.
On the mag try altering your setting to make sure its not on a non supported frame,not sure if tv has the same choice for setting up on hdmi port.

Mode not supported sounds like tv cant support it
Is tv full hd 1920 x 1080 or hd ready??
I have a hd ready and cant run full hd on my screen setting using desktop.
On the mag try altering your setting to make sure its not on a non supported frame,not sure if tv has the same choice for setting up on hdmi port.
thank you I will try that and let you know how I got on next week

mag box now working fine on old Samsung tv went into setting on mag box/video
changed settings on video output mode to 720p-50 and auto frame rate from disabled to 50/60HZ.
video settings are now set as below
Video output mode 720p-50
Graphic resolution same as video
Auto frame rate 50/60HZ
Force DVI: On
HDMI event reaction. immediately
many thanks to both cactikid and urie for pointing me in the right direction
while I was at my daughters I tried my new fire stick and it worked immediately on the Samsung and on her other four TVs one in the 2 floors up all by WiFi brilliantly
fibre 100 vermin

Back