Mag254 - Internet: Not Available

flanzer

Hi Folks,
So my elderly neighbour, is using a Mag254 box, along with a Zgemma, using the same IPTV provider. A number of weeks back, the Mag 254 box suddenly decided thar Internet was 'Not Available', but was getting an IP from the router. I've tried different network cables. I've brought the Mag box into my own house and it worked straight away! Is this the no block issue? Or something else? Thanks a mil in advance

Edit: We both have the same internet provider. VM Ire

Last edited:
their web safe has not been turned on has it? you need to login to the account to check,Also try reseting the router by sticking a pen in the back for 10 seconds were it says reset.

In Ireland, we don't have those settings on the account as far as I know. I certainly can't see them in my VM account. I tried the factory reset and I could see the Internet going 'enabled' while the process was happening, but eventually went 'Not Available'

I'm just looking at the differences with both the routers. It looks like the Hub 3.0 router set up in my neighbours is assigning IPv6 IP addresses, while mine is assigning IPv4 ones? Might that be it?

Also make sure his box is setup with firmware auto update switched OFF, just read on discord that no-block firmware is not working on new informir updates.

I'm just looking at the differences with both the routers. It looks like the Hub 3.0 router set up in my neighbours is assigning IPv6 IP addresses, while mine is assigning IPv4 ones? Might that be it?
have a look in the DHCP settings under advanced setting on the hub and enable DHCPv4 then save

Back