Mag256 issues

MAG256 has 1Gb Ram and 254 has 512Mb, my own opinion is at the moment the 254 is the more stable box and what I would go back to buying as never really noticed that much in speed navigating the portal menus

Hi,
If your having trouble with mag 256 switching off mine was doing the same you need to send back where you brought it from for a software upgraded I did this and mine is working perfectly hope this helps.
Al.b,

Make sure in your portal setting you only have one portal turned on and rest of them off, and make sure multiportal is off
Ive got 3 portals set up on my mag 256 and they are all set to on. Im getting a lot of stuttering on some channels on all of the portals from time to time and was curious when I read your post about turning other portals off. How does this affect performance given the portals are sitting idle until they are loaded.

In my experience the mag 256 never stuttered but instead crashed which for me seems to have been resolved. Stuttering is probably a bad supplier or some Wi-Fi or broadband issue in your home.

In my experience the mag 256 never stuttered but instead crashed which for me seems to have been resolved. Stuttering is probably a bad supplier or some Wi-Fi or broadband issue in your home.
Probably to do with suppliers finding it hard to deliver stable hd and fhd streams down under.

I recently bought a 256 . It wouldnt turn off. I rolled the firmware back. But all that did was turn the device off. and reboot itself. As if it was looking for correct hdmi port

I contacted w.o.s got a ticket and returned the mag..
4 days passed. and a new MAG 322 arrived. 322 runs perfect.

Last edited:
Back