MAG256 Page loading error issues

Hi guys.

I recently purchased a MAG 256 and cannot for the life of me get my portal to work. I only get the page loading error screen. I am connected, I have done the speed test and can browse the internet on the MAG. The MAC address is correct and the URL is correct. I have managed to get it working once somehow by doing a factory reset, but even now when I try it still won't work.

I need your help it's so frustrating!!

Have you contacted your iptv supplier, the old mag may be ip address locked on there panel,Which means it will be only letting your old mag use the connection, so it will need to be unlocked for the new box to work as it will be using different info.

Thanks for the reply. This is my first MAG I haven't had another one previously, I've been in contact with them in regards to the issue and they seem lost as all the information is correct.

I had issues with a supplier .I used him for years on c/share.
My 254 would not connect. Even after changing Mac address.. I got a test off here .it worked.. using another portal.

Are you getting stb blocked on entering URL

I had issues with a supplier .I used him for years on c/share.
My 254 would not connect. Even after changing Mac address.. I got a test off here .it worked.. using another portal.

Are you getting stb blocked on entering URL

I actually have two suppliers, I have tried both of their portal URLs and neither work

When you select your url to use what happens on screen afterwards? any on screen messages?
The screen goes black for a few minutes then it goes to the Page Loading Error screen and gives the option to try again (reload the portal), embedded portal and system settings

Take a picture so not lose the url delete the non working lines.

Are the subs off same same supplier.

If so take a test. pass your Mac on to a alternate provider and try again

If your using talk talk disable child safe settings via your account

Last edited:
Try powering your broadband router off and box for 5 mins, then restart broadband let it boot fully up then power up mag and try.

are you using bt homeplugs to connect the mag to the internet? I had a problem like this and it was my homeplugs that were the problem. changed them and bingo portal loaded fine

Hi guys.

I recently purchased a MAG 256 and cannot for the life of me get my portal to work. I only get the page loading error screen. I am connected, I have done the speed test and can browse the internet on the MAG. The MAC address is correct and the URL is correct. I have managed to get it working once somehow by doing a factory reset, but even now when I try it still won't work.

I need your help it's so frustrating!!
I have the exact same problem did you manage to solve the problem if so could you inform me Thanks

For anyone still interested i had same problem, now not really sure what i done, i went into the bios, to get into bios unplug magbox, hold menu button while switching on, menu button is one with lines on it, a blue screen comes up, i just tweaked few things in it and switched it on and off and portal loaded no problem.

I had same problem,now not really sure what i done, i went into bios and tweaked about a few settings, to get into bios switch off mag, while turning on hold menu button( menu button is button with lines on it), i changed screen size etc then turned it off and on and portal loaded ok, this was after it was off a week

Back