mag256 picture quality

rvd48

hi, has anybody noticed on their mag box that the pic quality is not smooth or fluid as watching it on an official sky or virgin box?

i.e. when watching football or a moving picture its not 100% smooth movement and i can tell its a stream.

currently watching via phono leads as tv doesnt have hdmi connection

also the tv logo's like sky sports is streched partially off the screen, anyone else notice this?

hi, has anybody noticed on their mag box that the pic quality is not smooth or fluid as watching it on an official sky or virgin box?

i.e. when watching football or a moving picture its not 100% smooth movement and i can tell its a stream.

currently watching via phono leads as tv doesnt have hdmi connection

also the tv logo's like sky sports is streched partially off the screen, anyone else notice this?

I would imagine a hdmi lead would improve it considerably, also check your tv for motion settings and I think you need the TV set to 50hertz not 60 hertz. As for it being stretched make sure it's set to 16:9 picture ratio. If it is ,it's more than likely to be your seller mate.

It could be one of a few things as pointed out by Kingbindie above but if your supplier's sport feed is low frame rate not much you can do about it I'm using a 256 with sports streams at 50fps or above and the picture is really smooth is your tv a HD tv because if you are viewing an SD not HD feed it will look as you described

my tv is 8 years old, its SD. magbox is connected to tv via phono leads.
i actually connected the mag to my dads tv which has HD and the pic quality was much better, no motion issues.

on another note, i had a test line from a iptv seller on this forum. it was good quality with record and playback functions. however no replies to my queries i asked.
this is same for few other iptv providers, im assuming quick to sell you their iptv line but poor on replying and helping after.

Back