malwarebytes

cactikid

VIP Member
i picked up a second hand laptop over 1 year ago on w7 as my usual xp laptop had issues and ended up needing a new hard drive,not used it in a month or 2 so ran updates and scans and think i broke a record 1275 pups lol.that was a lot for a not so used laptop :eyes:

it just goes to show what lurks beneath that goes unnoticed.

Run adwcleaner on it aswell amazing little program. Delete everything it finds.Run ccleaner on it to clear the crap and registry

I work on computers for a living, 1275 pups is pretty clean compared to some of the ones I come across, I agree with kiddac but also suggest running msconfig and stopping all the unwanted crap running in the background.

on the adwcleaner i was worried in deleting something it listed in the folders,nothing came up on a scan with red x on clean.
but the other laptop was hardly used as what surprised me as my usual is around 2 figures.

if you pick up a downloader in an infected file, then it literally opens the door to just about everything. It was propbably just one file that caused all of the rest. If you get a whole load showing up in malwarebytes, run it a second time, sometimes malware is hidden "behind" an other infection. Usually a second scan will find more. Just keep repeating until it's completely clear. Bye the way the most I've found on a single scan was 9000 plus.

my regimine for the nasties is to first run adwcleaner and get rid of everything,then to run junkware removal tool and let it do its thing,and lastly to run mbam.this coupled with a good av hasnt failed me yet.had over a 200 hits on my old pentium p54c.just about froze everything.lol.been a long time since i killed that one.

Last edited:
Back