Manchester United smash club record to sign Juan Mata from Chelsea

j4v3d

VIP Member
juan-mata-david-moyes-manchester-united-football_3072365.jpg

Manchester United have completed the signing of Juan Mata for a club-record fee of £37.1m.

The Spain international flew north on Saturday and successfully came through a medical before finalising his move from Chelsea.

Mata will train with his new-team mates in the coming days and is expected to make his debut against Cardiff at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

He said: "I am thrilled to be joining United. I have enjoyed some very happy years at Chelsea but the time has come for a new challenge.

"United is the perfect place for me and I am excited at the chance I have to be part of the next phase in the club's history.

"Chelsea is a top club and I have many friends there but you cannot turn down the chance to join Manchester United. I look forward to helping the manager and the team be successful in the coming years."

The transfer, which far exceeds United's £30.75m deal for Dimitar Berbatov back in 2008, represents a real coup for David Moyes following a summer of frustration in the market and a faltering defence of United's Premier League title in his first season at the club.

He said: "Juan is one of the finest playmakers in the game today and it's a real pleasure to have secured his signature.

"He's been instrumental in Chelsea's recent success, with a notable 28 assists and 32 goals in his last two Premier League seasons.

"I have been impressed with the excitement he has shown to be part of the new Manchester United. I know our fans have admired Juan for some time now - he has always played well against us - and I know they will be delighted to see him in the red of United, starting on Tuesday."

Mata was Chelsea's player of the season in each of the past two years but had been reduced to a bit-part role under Jose Mourinho.

His departure has not gone down well with some Chelsea supporters, but the deal represents a hefty profit on a player they signed for £23.5m from Valencia in 2011.

Mourinho, who has lined up Basel's Mohamed Salah as a replacement, said on Friday:"It's a good move for Juan, it's a good move for the Premier League and the offer is the right offer. He was fantastic for Chelsea, and Chelsea were fantastic for him.

"If the fans are sad that Juan is leaving, I will say that we are also sad. No one is jumping around the place."

Code:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9134154/transfer-news-manchester-united-smash-club-record-to-sign-juan-mata-from-chelsea

Mata is a good player & i honestly cant understand why jose sold him to a rival EPL club £37 million is nothing compared to what moyes has paid for fellani £53 million i did feel better mind after (liverpool fan ) when we paid £35 million for Carroll lol

well he certainly made a big difference at the stoke match lol
also read that von percy only passed to rooney 3 times in the match all from kick offs

can you tell im a Liverpool supporter

Back