Satellite Max virtual tuners regards satip client plugin for use with a minisatip home server which has 4 DVBS2X feeds coming from a TBS PCIe card

robocop29

Hi there,

I currently have a octagon SF8008 DVBS2X twin but it seems to have a hardware limitation that it’ll only allow 3 virtual tuners from a satip server in my case its minisatip in a Ubuntu VM which has my TBS 4 tuner DVBS2X card passed through. I’m using the standard satipclient on STB. Tried OpenVix and OpenATV. Also modded the /etc/vtuner.conf to no luck. Anyway back on topic will the Zgemma H7S support more than 3 virtual tuners in my case I need 4 virtual tuners and be able to use the two physical tuners on the H7S STB so a total of 6 tuners can be used.

Thanks

Robocop29

Last edited:
Hi there,

I currently have a octagon SF8008 DVBS2X twin but it seems to have a hardware limitation that it’ll only allow 3 vtuners from a satip server in my case its minisatip in a Ubuntu VM which has my TBS 4 tuner DVBS2X card passed through. I’m using the standard satipclient on STB. Tried OpenVix and OpenATV. Also modded the /etc/vtuner.conf to no luck. Anyway back on topic will the Zgemma H7S support more than 3 vtuners in my case I need 4 vtuners and be able to use the two physical tuners on the H7S STB so a total of 6 tuners can be used.

Thanks

Robocop29
You might have to rephrase your question, no one has a clue what you're talking about.
Searching Google for vtuners brings up an internet radio app or it thinks you meant vtubers.

You might have to rephrase your question, no one has a clue what you're talking about.
Searching Google for vtuners brings up an internet radio app or it thinks you meant vtubers.
Sorry it means virtual tuners, updated original post cheers

Last edited:
@Willo3092 has spoken about FBC tuners in the past, there are eight of these but not sure if 4 physical and 4 virtual but he'll have more info.
I've tagged him in this reply
Thanks, also updated thread title, regards, it’s not really about full band capture tuner s, it’s about using a sat to ip server as some of the tuners on a cheaper box not like a vu+ that’s like £200-300 type box etc etc, thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, also updated thread title, regards, it’s not really about full band capture tuner s, it’s about using a sat to ip server as some of the tuners on a cheaper box not like a vu+ that’s like £200-300 type box etc etc, thanks
This is exactly what I mean to be the most helpful

Attachments

• B829A8A5-F8AD-4B5E-B4F9-378E4407D786.jpeg
    B829A8A5-F8AD-4B5E-B4F9-378E4407D786.jpeg
    930.1 KB · Views: 15
Based on response from Dimitrij, check the location below on the receiver, it will say how many vtuners it has. First one starts at 0. My H9S SE has 2. GB UE quad 4K has 8. Hopefully someone with a H7S receiver will be able to check for you.
/dev/misc

Code:
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/blob/python3/satipclient/src/plugin.py#L33

Based on response from Dimitrij, check the location below on the receiver, it will say how many vtuners it has. First one starts at 0. My H9S SE has 2. GB UE quad 4K has 8. Hopefully someone with a H7S receiver will be able to check for you.
/dev/misc

Code:
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/blob/python3/satipclient/src/plugin.py#L33
Any updates please? Thanks

Sorry, I don't have the receiver. If I had. I would have said how many vtuners it has.You will have to wait for someone who has box to FTP and check the location: /dev/misc

Back