Windows 11 Microsoft begins offering Windows 11 to Windows 10 22H2 users

A few days ago, the company has started offering the next Windows as an Out of Box experience (OOBE) update to Windows 10 22H2 users for the first time.

info
KB5020683: Microsoft begins offering Windows 11 to Windows 10 22H2 users via OOBE
Joe just a bit of info needed if poss, I'm running Windows 10 Home , ver. 22H2 on a Lenovo L/Top ( Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz ) but when I run PC Health check it tells me this PC does'nt meet system requirements to run Windows 11, is there a way round this to upgrade, regards Tommy

I have scripts here from MDL but things have moved on Rufus for normal users far easier. :smiley:

@Joe516 and @urie , thanks lads worked a treat, ended up using Uries "Rufus" better for an old thicko like me, just going to try installing it on an older PC I've got running windows 10, let you know how I get on, many thanks. tommy

Last edited:
Update, no joy with installing Win 11 on my old PC (Zoostorm) tried twice and got well into insallation, but kept getting message "your comp ran into a problem we'll restart it for you", then back to boot from USB, nearly completes , then message about restarting again, don't seem to be able to get back to my previous Windows 10 either, not getting any options, is it a clean install of windows 10 to fix this do you know ,any advice apreciated, regards

Update, no joy with installing Win 11 on my old PC (Zoostorm) tried twice and got well into insallation, but kept getting message "your comp ran into a problem we'll restart it for you", then back to boot from USB, nearly completes , then message about restarting again, don't seem to be able to get back to my previous Windows 10 either, not getting any options, is it a clean install of windows 10 to fix this do you know ,any advice apreciated, regards
you will probably need clean install of windows 10 what type of installation did you try was it upgrade should have been fresh install

It would'nt let me do upgrade so had to do fresh install. Since posting last message, I have'nt got a windows 10 disc, but I have found the original installation cd that came with the pc (11 years old, but working good ) , it's windows 7 lol, over the years I've been able to upgrade because its a genuine copy I should be able to do same do you think, straight to Win 10 possibly ?

It would'nt let me do upgrade so had to do fresh install. Since posting last message, I have'nt got a windows 10 disc, but I have found the original installation cd that came with the pc (11 years old, but working good ) , it's windows 7 lol, over the years I've been able to upgrade because its a genuine copy I should be able to do same do you think, straight to Win 10 possibly ?
you can download windows 10 straight from microsoft just use the other laptop to download it you may need to download correct version i.e home or pro or even use rufus i think it will download and make bootable windows 10 usb

you can download windows 10 straight from microsoft just use the other laptop to download it you may need to download correct version i.e home or pro or even use rufus i think it will download and make bootable windows 10 usb
Great stuff , I should have thought of that lol, I'll give it a go now (y)

Great stuff , I should have thought of that lol, I'll give it a go now (y)
As per your previous post, during installation, if it restarts and the bootable usb is still in, it will start installation over again, when using a windows cd the same thing happens, the trick is to remove the install disk/media before it restarts then it will continue where it left off rather than begin a fresh install again

Well got Win 10 back , now the hard part , remembering what I had on this piece of sh*t PC lol, think I'll give Win 11 a miss for a while untill I get something decent to try and put it on, thanks for your help.

Well got Win 10 back , now the hard part , remembering what I had on this piece of sh*t PC lol, think I'll give Win 11 a miss for a while untill I get something decent to try and put it on, thanks for your help.
once you get it up and running make backup image

Back