Windows 7 Microsoft ends Windows 7 support: What should you do?

Joe516

VIP Member
Cyber-security experts are urging Windows 7 users to upgrade their operating system.

Microsoft is going to stop supporting Windows 7 from Tuesday so that it can focus on "newer technologies".

As a result, Windows 7 users will no longer receive the all-important security updates and patches that keep their machines safe.

One in four Windows users is running Windows 7
Microsoft ends Windows 7: What should you do?

Yes, it is still safe enough to carry on using windows 7, but worth upgrading as soon as poss, just because the system is no longer getting updates, doesn't mean it unsafe, but it will eventually become unsafe

Yes, it is still safe enough to carry on using windows 7, but worth upgrading as soon as poss, just because the system is no longer getting updates, doesn't mean it unsafe, but it will eventually become unsafe

thanx m8 , puts my mind @ ease

I had forgotten all about the windows 7 change until I read about it last week..I was on to microsoft and they wanted 139 euro for windows 10..I read later that day,that it was still possible to get it free from microsoft site..So I had a look,and downloaded windows 10..

i know i can upgrade to win 10 but rather stay win 7
can i install / dual boot win 10 / win 7 on same drive
(SSD) drive
i have samsung magitian installed on ssd
thanx

(SSD) drive
thanx

(SSD) drive
thanx

I am afraid I am not tech savvy enough to help you on that...I misunderstood your question. Sorry celticfc...

Cyber-security experts are urging Windows 7 users to upgrade their operating system.

Microsoft is going to stop supporting Windows 7 from Tuesday so that it can focus on "newer technologies".

As a result, Windows 7 users will no longer receive the all-important security updates and patches that keep their machines safe.

One in four Windows users is running Windows 7
Microsoft ends Windows 7: What should you do?
Windows 7 was the best ever version I think. W10 is full of spyware :unsure:

i have tried win 10 b4 but didn,t like it but if we are being force to use it was gonna try as above dual operating systems with dual boot so i could get used to it b4 binning win 7

Back