mini pc

fozzer

Nearly every week now people ask what is the best box for iptv or just general streaming, I have seen posts by people asking if they can get sky go or now tv on firestick or android box. I have had differnet android boxes some good ones and some not very good. The best I had was the formuler z8 but again like all android boxes it had restrictions can't get sky go on it. I was looking at getting a nvidia shield but same problem restrictions on what apps you can get. In the end I decided a mini pc was the answer so I looked at getting a intel nuc and it was the best thing I did beacuse I can get sky go on it I could watch nbcsn, peacock tv, dazn all these streaming services some that have been problematic on the android box and firestcik with some verisons working and others not. intel nucs are not cheap a formuler z8 is about £125 that might even be for the pro. intel nucs on ebay vary buy the top end bare bones could be £250 and you need ram and an ssd but buy a selller refuirbhed one and they are not much more than a top end androd box. I seen one on ebay £170 thats with an i3 processor, 8gb ram and 120gb ssd. now its not the latest processor nor the the fastest but for general streaming its is more than good enough and have the added benefit of doing some word documents and other stuff like photo edting. I think you get the best of both worlds you get the power of a desktop with roughly the size of an android box anyway I hope this has been useful for some people, thanks for reading stay safe.

Nearly every week now people ask what is the best box for iptv or just general streaming, I have seen posts by people asking if they can get sky go or now tv on firestick or android box. I have had differnet android boxes some good ones and some not very good. The best I had was the formuler z8 but again like all android boxes it had restrictions can't get sky go on it. I was looking at getting a nvidia shield but same problem restrictions on what apps you can get. In the end I decided a mini pc was the answer so I looked at getting a intel nuc and it was the best thing I did beacuse I can get sky go on it I could watch nbcsn, peacock tv, dazn all these streaming services some that have been problematic on the android box and firestcik with some verisons working and others not. intel nucs are not cheap a formuler z8 is about £125 that might even be for the pro. intel nucs on ebay vary buy the top end bare bones could be £250 and you need ram and an ssd but buy a selller refuirbhed one and they are not much more than a top end androd box. I seen one on ebay £170 thats with an i3 processor, 8gb ram and 120gb ssd. now its not the latest processor nor the the fastest but for general streaming its is more than good enough and have the added benefit of doing some word documents and other stuff like photo edting. I think you get the best of both worlds you get the power of a desktop with roughly the size of an android box anyway I hope this has been useful for some people, thanks for reading stay safe.
Interesting points, I use a mini PC with 8g ram on one of my TV's but it would never do in the lounge where wife and family want tvbox style user interface. TV Guide , Movie and TV Show metadata and synopsis etc. Plus they would want everything controlled by a tv remote not a mouse.
But I get what your saying , 8g ram makes for much snappier performance.
Actually I toyed with the idea of flashing the device with LibreELEC or CoreELEC so it boots straight into kodi , but my IPTV supplier ( like most of them ) doesn't do M3U anymore and he hasn't got a kodi addon , so I cant use pvr client in kodi for live tv.

Back