Misted Car Headlamps problem

telveskid

Thort i,ll shared this at last MOT was advised headlamps not functioning correctly had noticed been misting up from time to time have used WD to clean and solved however this time really bad so decided to take the plunge went to local Halle Berry Fords store and bought some Ninja Wax headlamp cleaner & sealant for £7 its a new product by all accounts.
Gotta say bloody brilliant bought the lenses like new Hence worked for me (y)(y)(y)

Misting is usually due to leaky headlamp and condensation on the inside.

Your problem is plastic lens going milky due to sunlight and needing a slight abrasive rub and sealer.

" Wax on Wax off " :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I believe so
Thanks

Misting is usually due to leaky headlamp and condensation on the inside.

Your problem is plastic lens going milky due to sunlight and needing a slight abrasive rub and sealer.

" Wax on Wax off " :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Thank you for your reply,However what ive done today has worked for me, If it gets the lights through a MOT then a job well done
I can recall when headlamps were made of glass so when you had a pool of water inside you knew that you had a problem maybe seal or stonechip on the glass and having worked in Car parts for 20 years till 1999 you could buy replacement lenses for such cars as Austin Rover, Volvo but not nowadays everything is a sealed unit like the Headlamps on Mini all be it a glass sealed beam years ago.
Unipart part number GLU 104 :mask:

Thort i,ll shared this at last MOT was advised headlamps not functioning correctly had noticed been misting up from time to time have used WD to clean and solved however this time really bad so decided to take the plunge went to local Halle Berry Fords store and bought some Ninja Wax headlamp cleaner & sealant for £7 its a new product by all accounts.
Gotta say bloody brilliant bought the lenses like new Hence worked for me (y)(y)(y)
I'm going to get some of that! Tried toothpaste, T cut just improved it a bit and WD made no difference! Got too August for MOT but was my only notification on last one!

done mine today with colgate it had some grit in it and worked a treat so good headlights for a squid, bargain!

Back