Mobile broadband device run on phone sim

Jrlm57

Hey everyone. I just bought an unlimited everything mobile phone sim with three thinking I could stick it in my Huawei mobile broadband device for some cheap internet. It does work but the speed drops significantly when in the Huawei device, does anyone know if this is done internationally by three network? When sim is in phone I get 75mbs when sim is in Huawei I get 25mbs. Cheers for any replies!

Maybe the huawei is missing some radio bands that run the faster 4g on. Either that or maybe they are throttling it. Another option is create a hotspot using the phone that gives you the fast 4g.

Out of interest is it the one below. I guess if it is your should have full speed.
Huawei E5573bs-322 4G Mobile Wi-Fi

Last edited:
I've just been offered unlimited data and the Three mobile router for £17 a month, was just wondering if it would be any good. I get 60mbps on my phone, was wondering if i'd get the same speed using their router.

i use my own 4g router with an external antenna and a 3uk sim.

works perfect, i hit around the 80meg mark, if i dont use the external antenna it drops to about 35meg.

works perfect, i hit around the 80meg mark, if i dont use the external antenna it drops to about 35meg.
which router do you use mate as i have three sim since may but haven't found what i'd call a decent router a the right money.

Sorry for all of the questions but what external antenna do you use.

Had this in use years ago with a dongle and sim.

Attachments

• intellinet wireless router.jpg
    intellinet wireless router.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 7
Back