Mobile Phones

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
im due either for an upgrade or change my network next month. Ive got a Samsung G600 that ive had for about 18 months now on T- Mobile

I know you guys are from different parts of the world so maybe not many can help with which netswork is the best but as for handsets anyone recommend a good one.

What id like out of a handset is a good size screen and camera, text, talk ( both unlimited lol) and internet free ( ok i can wish :)). Most phones can now browse the internet and even get emails, id like to be able to use it as satnav at times like when on holiday etc oh plus if its gonna have a memory card SD or Mirco sd is preferable as these fit other hardware i have.

I am thinking about the Iphone on O2 but heard good and bad reports about it, although ive also heard a) they are upgrading the software shortly and b) they will have a new handset out over the next few months.
3G ive also heard that some networks and 3g just dont get on. I also need a phone that i can use in the states later in the year ...............well you cant go on holiday and not take ya phone lol!

so anyone got any recommendations?

ah that looks similar to the Samsung Tocco - which my son has

we dotn have that one over here!

Last edited:
Hi Linny
If your looking for a smartphone the palm treo 750 is excellent
If your looking for a stylish phone with great camera the samsung pixon m8800,i have both and they are both excellent.The samsungs battery could be better:spy:

murz i dont get a good signal in this area with 3 - and my nephew works for them and has bene triyng to poach me since he started lol!
Sinno thanks ill look those up

murz i dont get a good signal in this area with 3 - and my nephew works for them and has bene triyng to poach me since he started lol!
Sinno thanks ill look those up

Hi Linny,
If your looking for the treo,i got mine on e-bay from a company called luzerntech,i got 3 of them for my carkit,each worked out about 2 ton:spy:
Also vodafone offer a 1gb a month download package and unused gets carried over.in ireland

Linny not sure where about you are, if your in the UK i think this is hard to beat.

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=18UT20D090

well i did it i went for a similar deal - nephew talked me into it lol! a friend bought the same deal via 3 internet. I have managed to get mine deferred til next month when my contract with T mobile runs out. So ive got the next few weeks to sit and play with it. I got the E71 for £20 per month with 200 mins unlimited text and free unlimited internet! ( well fair usage is 1gb per month - far more than any other network)

My nephew has set me up with a skype account- need to learn more about it lol!
SO now saving like £15 per month and getting free net access to as from 9th June.

However 3 dotn do bolt ons for when your on holiday. So been advised to maybe try and get hold of a USA sim card for when we visit florida.

So any of you Americans recommend which is the best or cheapest PAYG sim card to get for a 2 week holiday to florida and will they work in any phone? If they do work in any handset i might need 3 of them so we can call each other cheaper that using roaming

Last edited:
Back