Monitor Poofed Out

rtm27

VIP Member
Last night, I was on the computer when a transformer nearby blew, and I lost power. A few hours later, power was restored....everything booted back up, except my monitor.

I kept pressing the power button, but nothing worked. I tried different outlets, hoding down the power button for several seconds.....nothing.

I plugged in a 15" monitor that wasn't being used, and it works fine....even used the cables hooked up to the computer and they worked fine.

I had no trouble with this monitor the past 5yrs. It was a Sceptre Komodo 19" monitor with built in speakers.

sounds stupid and i should keep out, but could it be the fuse thats been blown in the plug after the transformer blew.

google it ray i just did seems it`s a common problem, not good if the warrantys run out tho.

as said googled it seems it a common fault. o omly read a few reports, most love the monitor just goes caput after a while, lol yours has lasted a lot longer than others.

as said googled it seems it a common fault. o omly read a few reports, most love the monitor just goes caput after a while, lol yours has lasted a lot longer than others.

RTM it's time for an upgrade!! Get something in the 23" PLUS range... That's what I'm doing for my next monitor!!! :)

IF you know theonjrs from aD you might give him a PM if no one here is able to help ye. ;) He's repaired a couple of monitors but I can't remember the model or why. :) GOOD LUCK buddy!!!

Talked to a friend of mine. He mentioned a few solutions, could be anything from an easy fix to the motherboard going out, which will cost me about what the monitor costs to fix.

Well, since it has been a while since I updated y'all, the past month I have been using my mom's 15" lcd monitor. She has a computer, but does not use it at all.

Right now I am waiting on my new monitor to arrive....a 21.5" wide screen monitor. So far, UPS hasn't arrived yet to deliver it. Here is a link to the one I decided to buy.

New 21.5" Monitor

Back