more than one device in itunes

spike24

hi guys i want to use my ipod and iphone using the same itunes programme how do i do this cause say when i load my ipod classic it does not load up my library and viser verser i have to find my playlist for my classic which is stored on my externall hard drive and keep reloading it,same with the touch please can someone give me a step by step guide even if it is from scratch cause i dont have a clue thanks

mmmm do you not need 2 seperate libraries to be able to use different items. Thats a good question tho as we have more than 1 ipod that id like to use for same library - but not thought about trying it atm. I know that we can share libraries on different pcs but not sure about same pc!

yes i think so but how do i create two different librarys as i do not want the same content on each device.

i have no idea but hey someone on here will know
might be an idea if a mod moved it to the iphone section rather than here as it will get better coverage if its in the correct section.

cheers i didn't know where to put it,the only thing that i have done is created two sererate users on my laptop and added one to each user at the moment that is the only way i know but i am sure there must be an easier way by just using one itunes programme,

well you can only have the one itunes prog on your pc but yes different users you should be able to share the music.

Sorry im totally new to itunes and ipods myself so not of much help!
Ah no worries if your not sure where to put something a mod will put it in the correct place. Try doing a search when you want to add a new post - that might help Ie- if you looked up say itunes or ipod it would have shown you similar posts in the correct section.
Anyways im sure one of the guys will be able to answer the question now its in the correct place.

Back