Motorised satellite out of alignment

Still not sorted it, I arranged with my builder mate to do it, just need to let him know when. I’ve been side tracked with long covid and decorating the living room, neither of which have gone well.
I started the decorating and decided to move some pictures about, removed a nail from the wall and then a hissing sound and a smell of gas.
I put a nail through a gas pipe about 18 years ago and the nail must have been stopping the leak😂

Still not sorted it, I arranged with my builder mate to do it, just need to let him know when. I’ve been side tracked with long covid and decorating the living room, neither of which have gone well.
I started the decorating and decided to move some pictures about, removed a nail from the wall and then a hissing sound and a smell of gas.
I put a nail through a gas pipe about 18 years ago and the nail must have been stopping the leak😂
As the saying goes " Light me up before you go go "
boom.jpg

Smoking is hazardous to health.

Wouldn’t have thought so since the other satellites are fine.
Just sounds similar to an issue i had a year or so ago, lost some of the weaker beams & satellites & some transponders, also a drop in signal strength.....i cut the cables back with some improvement.....then had to change the lnb & was perfect again. No misalignment, just ingress due to me not using self amalgamating on the connections.

After abit of advice with regards my dish.
I lost one or two satellites a while back in high wind, I put up with it cos there were still plenty left, then in high wind again lost a few more.
my builder changed the lnb over for me to a stronger inverto black and got a few back.
the satellites I still receive (though weaker signal that previously) are..
28e, 23.5e, 19e, 16e (just), 13e, 9e, 7e, 4.8e (no Nordic beam), 0.8w and 5w.
The ones I’ve lost are..
30w, 4.8e (Nordic beam), 26e, 36e, 39e and 42e.
I’m wondering if this would be something I could solve myself, or my builder cos he’s better up ladders than me lol
I’m absolutely brassic at the minute so thought I’d ask on here first.
I’m wondering if (to the experts) it sounds like either the motor has moved or if it’s an elevation problem?
Or maybe something else?
I wouldn’t have thought it’d be a pole problem cos I’ve got heavy duty brackets and a scaffolding pole and it’s never moved in the past.
A few details, not sure if it matters..
1m dish, technomate tm2600 m3, inverto black lnb, Gigablue receiver using Diseqc, N Manchester.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
thanks.
I set mine up even Without a meter a I simply bring my box and TV outside Before you unplug everything while indoors set the receiver onto Thor 1 West on the Gospel channel which is a clear Channel set the motor to 0 west go outside and plug the patch lead between the dish and the motor and the other from the motor to receiver Switch on TV and Receiver then undo all the nuts on the dish and Manouver The dish Sideways and vertically untill you get a picture on Thor on the Gospel Channel when you do tighten everything up do it like a car wheel diagnaly as if you tighten it up to much on one side it pulls it out of allignment tighten all the nuts till they a finger tight then do 1 Turn on each nut Top Left 1 Turn Bottom right one turn Top Right One Turn bottom left one turn keep checking the picture and make sure its not pixilating as this means its going out of alignment all the other channals will automatically lock in pproviding you have put in you co-ordinates correctly in the receiver Plug the coax going indoors back to the motor and set it up as in the first installation go indoors set everything up and you should have all your sataliites Back

I set mine up even Without a meter a I simply bring my box and TV outside Before you unplug everything while indoors set the receiver onto Thor 1 West on the Gospel channel which is a clear Channel set the motor to 0 west go outside and plug the patch lead between the dish and the motor and the other from the motor to receiver Switch on TV and Receiver then undo all the nuts on the dish and Manouver The dish Sideways and vertically untill you get a picture on Thor on the Gospel Channel when you do tighten everything up do it like a car wheel diagnaly as if you tighten it up to much on one side it pulls it out of allignment tighten all the nuts till they a finger tight then do 1 Turn on each nut Top Left 1 Turn Bottom right one turn Top Right One Turn bottom left one turn keep checking the picture and make sure its not pixilating as this means its going out of alignment all the other channals will automatically lock in pproviding you have put in you co-ordinates correctly in the receiver Plug the coax going indoors back to the motor and set it up as in the first installation go indoors set everything up and you should have all your sataliites Back
oh by the way how high is you dish off the ground there is no need to have it up in the sky subjecting it to gale force wind mine is on a scaffolding pole about 3 meters above ground level and I get every satallite from Hispasat to Turksat

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
Im not sure the builder is the right guy to be peaking a signal mate. And what he going to charge you to try.

If your not confident it might be best to get a sat installer in.
you try getting one that deals with motorised dishes most only deal with bloody Sky or if you are lucky a static dish

Like I said take it down and get it nearer to the ground and reset it the way I explained mine works perfectly apart from my technomate going belly up which I never had a problem with this new Technomate MK 4 is a pain in the arse as regards as entering CCCam lines and the help on here is very vaugue i have download the file TM402 I have downloaded the software file zilla but I am no nearer to knowing what to do with them

Like I said take it down and get it nearer to the ground and reset it the way I explained mine works perfectly apart from my technomate going belly up which I never had a problem with this new Technomate MK 4 is a pain in the arse as regards as entering CCCam lines and the help on here is very vaugue i have download the file TM402 I have downloaded the software file zilla but I am no nearer to knowing what to do with them
Have you read this mate @mike142 answered it with very detailed instructions

Adding Line To Technomate

get an e2 receiver

oh by the way how high is you dish off the ground there is no need to have it up in the sky subjecting it to gale force wind mine is on a scaffolding pole about 3 meters above ground level and I get every satallite from Hispasat to Turksat
Mine has to be up high unfortunately, I’m surrounded by other houses.
The neighbour to my left would block everything from 0.8w to 42e if I didn’t have it above the gable end.

Back