Mounting for a Sly dish

maff

VIP Member
Could a mounting from an existing Sly dish be used for a different/motorized dish? Mine is quite high up so i cant get a good look at how the thing is put together. Would like to get one soon, but dont fancy being up that high on a ladder with a drill ect. Would be nice if i could detatch the Sly dish and replace it.

i would be thinking a whole package needed as the new motor and dish would be much heavier than a flimsy sky dish.if need be get an expert in ,it is dangerous up the ladder.

I thought as much. Worth asking still. At 6"2 and 16 stones Id make quite a mess falling off a 25 foot ladder. Think the wallets coming out for this job.

do you have insurance as i will cut through last few rungs of ladder,alright if doing on a flat roof.

The wife doesn't want 2 dishes up, so its a replacement job if I'm going down the motorized route. Evaluating the divorce/double dish scenario.
(She does make a nice sandwich)

Last edited:
ok tell her i have 2 fixed and a motorised,there is also a rack for lnbs to use on a fixed dish for bad boys lol

Attachments

• wave frontier toroidal t-90.JPG
    wave frontier toroidal t-90.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 21
Is it worth getting a motorised dish then? Or do you end up paying loads more in subs to benefit? Like the idea of being able to pick up more than the 28.02e.

may come in a single or package deal from supplier,yes it will be an extra,always best to ask what they get.

Ive decided to go for a motorised dish,been looking around and i can get loads more international packages for the same money as im paying now. Don't get me wrong,i'm very happy with my current service, but cactikid,youve talked me into it! I shall tell the wife its all your fault we have a massive dish on the house. He he he.

you will need good mounting for motorized dish this is mine and sky dish above
Mounting for a Sly dish-st.-helens-20130206-00309.jpg

Is that a 1m dish? And is there a massive difference in what you can pick up with an 80cm? Ive been quoted £205 to get my sly dish removed and an 1m motorised with quad lmb put in its place. Does that sound a fair price?

Back