Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Just realised I'm missing this plugin since switching to my SF4008. Is there an arm build available or will this one work given it looks like it's just some python scripts?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hey Grog, your plugin is working great as always, except for one little thing..

It's leaving a .ts.ap file for each recording in my root recording folder....

Any ideas what these are and why they aren't moving? It's creating quite a mess lol

Hey Grog, your plugin is working great as always, except for one little thing..

It's leaving a .ts.ap file for each recording in my root recording folder....

Any ideas what these are and why they aren't moving? It's creating quite a mess lol
Hmm that's odd, I just checked my movies folder and all my .ap files are moved with the recordings. can you cut and paste a directory listing of your root movies folder please so I can see if there is an obvious cause, ie file names or something.

Hmm that's odd, I just checked my movies folder and all my .ap files are moved with the recordings. can you cut and paste a directory listing of your root movies folder please so I can see if there is an obvious cause, ie file names or something.

I actually cleaned them all up, but it looks like it's left one of them behind last night though (first dates):

upload_2017-10-24_16-37-20.png

I niotice it has no channel number, not sure if that would cause the issue as if it was then I would expect it to do all or nothing

I have the movie organiser plugin installed on my Formuler F1 box, set it to run every 3 hours and also to run in standby. I am finding that it is only working 50% of the time. Uninstalled and re-installed, no difference. Sometimes it will move everything into folders.....EastEnders/Emmerdale are the ones that get recorded mostly in our house, but sometimes I just end up with loads of separate recordings and have to run the plugin manually.

I've noticed some occasional odd behavior like that too, but assumed it was probably down to something at my end. I'll try and debug it a bit more if it's not only me.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

if you reduce it to say every half hour or something does the same happen? its been a while since I even looked at it but when I tried adding 6 hour+ intervals it didn't work on intervals 6 hours or above, I wonder if for some reason it's not liking larger intervals

Working fine now since I changed it to 30 mins. If I change it to anything longer than every hour it plays up.

Just wondering if Movieorganisor will work on Mut@ant HD51 because I have tried versions 2.0 , 2.08 and 2.10 but cannot get it to put same named recordings into folders. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times but still no joy. Have checked recording paths in plugin and recording/time shift settings and they appear to be ok. Also set to run every 30mins but still no joy.

Find it strange as running perfectly on zgemma h2s box.
I am running out of options.......

Any advice would be most welcome..
TIA

it should work, are they iptv recordings or sat/cable ?

If you check Recordings settings, and check the 'composition of the recording filenames'. The movieorganisor plugin works if the 'composition of the recording filenames' is set to 'standard'

Thanks for the suggestions grog68,
Great plugin by the way. Keeps everything in the planner neat and tidy.

Running OpenATV 6.1 as no Wooshbuild available for HD51
The recordings are satellite and my filenames were set to very short in the recording settings
Have changed to standard and set timers to try out. Will report back later ...

Great plugin by the way. Keeps everything in the planner neat and tidy.
The thing is, on Zgemma (Wooshbuild) the file names are set to short filemanes and this works !!

Last edited:
Well after doing some recording tests on various file name settings I have finally got it to work.
I initially had it on short filenames so that the stream descriptions were easily readable in the planner ( like Zgemma ).
Firstly I changed to standard filenames and this worked.
I then changed it back to short filenames and this now works !! Weird eh!
I finally set it to long filenames in the end as this included more program info in planner on streams

Thanks for your help grog68

Hi Grog,
Thanks for your work on this great plugin. I have the plugin scheduled to run every 30 mins. From the attached screenshot it moved "American Lawmen" correctly but failed to sort out "Regular Show" "Teen Titans Go" The Amazing World of Gumball" and "Uncle Grandpa". I have set the recording names to "Very Short" (to remove the date from the start of the recording name).
Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for a great plugin.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    87.9 KB · Views: 28
the plugin was created to use 'standard' filenames as mentioned above.

Thanks Grog. However it seems the 'standard' filename structure for IPTV recordings are not being applied the same as Satellite recordings (it looks like this might be a bug in OpenATV 6.1). Please see attached screenshot. All the Cartoon Network recordings were set as "standard" but you can see it prefixes date,time and tv channel before the actual program name.

How does your script pick up the program names - does it look for the first "-" and work from there?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    382.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back