Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Hiya. I have the version 1.65 installed on wooshbuild v4. I've always manually created folders for my recordings and movies and I would like to use for its simplicity of use. I can't however change the recording path as it won't let me.

When I tried this it would only use the default movie folder.
After installing the plugin, setup a new recording to your chosen path and the plugin will then offer the new path as a choice.

I've tried this and I still don't get an option to switch recording paths just the default

Yeah, I didn't mention that, but mine does the same.

think i'll have to disable it for now
I reverted back to an older version I had downloaded previously (version 1.10) which is working without problems.

Possible useful info: running Wooshbuild 4.00 updated from 3.x, with restored settings.

There was a couple of bugs which I have looked at over the last day or so, hope to have update soon.

Damned - looking at your recording it looks like the program name (in epg etc) would be 'Louis Theroux: A Different Brain'. Do you know which version of the plugin you was using?

---------- Post Merged at 10:38 PM ----------

Yeah in my Tv Shows folder I have separate folders like Eastenders Motogp etc which when that program is recording it gets sent to that folder. I would just like to use the plugin for future new recordings

So you manually move (via file list) the recording of Eastenders from the main list to Tv shows/Eastenders ?

---------- Post Merged at 11:22 PM ----------

1.80 is now available. You will need to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread and install the ipk file.

This has fixed the update feature for future releases - tested a couple of times by a couple of people so it should work for all

Can I ask for feed back for this version including:

1. recording shows with a : in the name such as 'serial killers: fred bloggs' which should then be moved to a 'serial killers' folder
2. restart the gui mid recording (not an important recording such as eastenders) and check at the end of the recording both parts are moved into sub folder and titles showing the show was interupted
3. If the plugin causes a blue screen please tell me what point it is
4. anything else that needs work on.

Thanks

Grog68

Do you know which version of the plugin you was using?
I was using v1.75.

EDIT:

Just tried v1.80, using the yellow run now option, same thing.

Log:
Code:
23:42:11.836 {   } skin.py:847 readSkin [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'MovieOrganisorSetupScreen'>
23:42:11.839 {   } skin.py:1034 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'MovieOrganisorSetupScreen'>:
23:42:11.896 {   } skin.py:847 readSkin [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'SimpleSummary'>
23:42:11.899 {   } skin.py:1034 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'SimpleSummary'>:
23:42:11.904 [ E ] gui/ewindowstyle.cpp:35 getStyle eWindowStyleManager::getStyle(style_id=1): NOT FOUND
23:42:11.908 {   } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME]  ['MovieOrganisorSetupScreen_summary', 'SimpleSummary']
23:42:11.914 {   } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME]  MovieOrganisorSetupScreen
23:42:12.125 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 0 160 1
23:42:12.128 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:213 actionA KEY: 352 1 KEY_OK OK
23:42:14.980 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 1 190 1
23:42:14.982 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:213 actionA KEY: 400 0 KEY_YELLOW YELLOW
23:42:15.129 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 0 190 1
23:42:15.131 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:213 actionA KEY: 400 1 KEY_YELLOW YELLOW
23:42:15.132 {   } Components/ActionMap.py:46 action action ->  ColorActions yellow
23:42:17.970 [   ] gdi/grc.cpp:193 thread main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
23:42:21.780 { D } Traceback (most recent call last):
23:42:21.781 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
23:42:21.781 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 396, in keySaveandGo
23:42:21.782 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 108, in domovieorganisation
23:42:21.783 { D } ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Martinez v Lomachenko'
23:42:21.783 [ E ] python/python.cpp:209 call (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x6fcb4468>>,('ColorActions', 'yellow')) failed)

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't mention that, but mine does the same.

think i'll have to disable it for now
I reverted back to an older version I had downloaded previously (version 1.10) which is working without problems.

Possible useful info: running Wooshbuild 4.00 updated from 3.x, with restored settings.

There was a couple of bugs which I have looked at over the last day or so, hope to have update soon.

Damned - looking at your recording it looks like the program name (in epg etc) would be 'Louis Theroux: A Different Brain'. Do you know which version of the plugin you was using?

---------- Post Merged at 10:38 PM ----------

Yeah in my Tv Shows folder I have separate folders like Eastenders Motogp etc which when that program is recording it gets sent to that folder. I would just like to use the plugin for future new recordings

So you manually move (via file list) the recording of Eastenders from the main list to Tv shows/Eastenders ?

---------- Post Merged at 11:22 PM ----------

1.80 is now available. You will need to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread and install the ipk file.

This has fixed the update feature for future releases - tested a couple of times by a couple of people so it should work for all

Can I ask for feed back for this version including:

1. recording shows with a : in the name such as 'serial killers: fred bloggs' which should then be moved to a 'serial killers' folder
2. restart the gui mid recording (not an important recording such as eastenders) and check at the end of the recording both parts are moved into sub folder and titles showing the show was interupted
3. If the plugin causes a blue screen please tell me what point it is
4. anything else that needs work on.

Thanks

Grog68

Sorry I'm probably being a bit too vague. I have these two recording paths for my box

/Media/hdd/movie/Tv Shows
&
/Media/hdd/movie/Movies

As I said previously I had made folders such as Eastenders , MotoGp, Criminal Minds, etc. These separate folders are within the Tv Shows folder (e.g. /media/hdd/Tv Shows/Eastenders)

In my Movies folder I have movies which I've just downloaded from IPTV plugin

Whenever I've made a recording I highlight the show I want to record and press RED, where I'm giving options to create a timer. I then go through checking or un-checking the likes of Match Title,specific channel to record the show on. I select Green then go through more options until I get to set recording to custom location where I set it to the desired folder within Tv Shows I've created. All this isn't entirely painstakingly difficult just time consuming and your plugin just seems very useful.

Thanks if you can help and apologies with the essay

I also used to manually create a folder within the /media/hdd/movie/ folder for each programme that i was recording the series of, and adding a bookmark to each folder, so that i could set within the autotimer to save to the custom location. since you have released your plugin, i have embraced it as it saved me having to manually create any new folders etc as it was pretty time consuming. but i have now since noticed that when i try to view my recordings on the vu+ enigma 2 kodi pvr client that it is only seeing the programmes that i have recorded individually that are not part of a series.

i researched why this could be and it turns out that i can only view the files within folders on the kodi side of things if there happens to be a bookmark of the same folders stored on the zgemma. I know this is probably just a few of us who may use the vu+ kodi addon, but would there be a chance you could incorporate this into your next update? i dont even know if it would be possible, but it would only really require you to create a bookmark to the folder once your plugin notices there is more than one episode of the same name. then once there is only one, and the folder is deleted and the file is moved back into the default recoding location, it would delete the bookmark as well?

I was using the latest at the time.. 1.75.. I've reflashed Whoosh 4.00 and it's working fine so i'll leave it at that version for now.

Do you know which version of the plugin you was using?
I was using v1.75.

EDIT:

Just tried v1.80, using the yellow run now option, same thing.

Log:
Code:
23:42:11.836 {   } skin.py:847 readSkin [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'MovieOrganisorSetupScreen'>
23:42:11.839 {   } skin.py:1034 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'MovieOrganisorSetupScreen'>:
23:42:11.896 {   } skin.py:847 readSkin [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'SimpleSummary'>
23:42:11.899 {   } skin.py:1034 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'SimpleSummary'>:
23:42:11.904 [ E ] gui/ewindowstyle.cpp:35 getStyle eWindowStyleManager::getStyle(style_id=1): NOT FOUND
23:42:11.908 {   } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME]  ['MovieOrganisorSetupScreen_summary', 'SimpleSummary']
23:42:11.914 {   } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME]  MovieOrganisorSetupScreen
23:42:12.125 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 0 160 1
23:42:12.128 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:213 actionA KEY: 352 1 KEY_OK OK
23:42:14.980 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 1 190 1
23:42:14.982 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:213 actionA KEY: 400 0 KEY_YELLOW YELLOW
23:42:15.129 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 0 190 1
23:42:15.131 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:213 actionA KEY: 400 1 KEY_YELLOW YELLOW
23:42:15.132 {   } Components/ActionMap.py:46 action action ->  ColorActions yellow
23:42:17.970 [   ] gdi/grc.cpp:193 thread main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
23:42:21.780 { D } Traceback (most recent call last):
23:42:21.781 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
23:42:21.781 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 396, in keySaveandGo
23:42:21.782 { D }   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 108, in domovieorganisation
23:42:21.783 { D } ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Martinez v Lomachenko'
23:42:21.783 [ E ] python/python.cpp:209 call (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x6fcb4468>>,('ColorActions', 'yellow')) failed)

OK can you go to the plugin menu GREEN -> Movie Organisor

and click the blue button to update to version 1.81, this should stop the blue screen/crashing each time the plugin runs

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

OK can you go to the plugin menu GREEN -> Movie Organisor

and click the blue button to update to version 1.81, this should stop the blue screen/crashing each time the plugin runs

Let me know how you get on

Thanks
Just tested and working perfectly fine.

I had to re-install v1.80 as I had reverted (again) to v1.10, updated with blue button and used the run now with yellow button, got the spinner after a few seconds then exited back into the plugins menu. No crash/blue screen.

Thanks and good work.

Just updated it on wooshbuild 4.01 and it crashed the box again but when it rebooted 1.81 was installed and working fine :)
What was actually causing the crash on 1.80?

Just updated it on wooshbuild 4.01 and it crashed the box again but when it rebooted 1.81 was installed and working fine :)
What was actually causing the crash on 1.80?
Mine actually did the same when i updated (crash then reboot) but I did it at 5pm and wasn't sure if it was the update that crashed it or it was just the plugin doing a scheduled run.

Either way, after the box rebooted it said v1.81 and it hasn't crashed since.

OK 1.81 is a fix basically to stop it from crashing every time it runs, I don't know exactly what bit of code has got messed up but I know it's down to me obviously not testing everything thoroughly and I apologies if it's messed anyone's recordings up.

Thanks for your patience

I am using v1.80 and have a strange problem.
When there is an interrupted recording,The plugin is amending the text to the name as it should.
But it then keeps appending the name every half hour over and over again so the filename ends up hundreds of letters long

Just want to say thanks for the plugin! Finally got it working and as suspected I was the fault (downloaded to windows 10 which associated the file with some other file type - deleting and downloading on notepad then ftp sorted it)
Cheers again and thanks to dsayers, the help on offer on this forum to simpletons like me is outstanding

So, wooshbuild 4.

Installed 1.80

went to press blue to update

blue screened

rebooted and 1.81 is now installed..

Yellow (run now) seems to work.. will see how it goes over the next few days.

thanks Grog

I know it's down to me obviously not testing everything thoroughly

Noooo, we always blame someone else Grog, never take blame yourself.

I best blame my Beta Tester then, who was that ? LOL

---------- Post Merged at 10:31 PM ----------

I am using v1.80 and have a strange problem.
When there is an interrupted recording,The plugin is amending the text to the name as it should.
But it then keeps appending the name every half hour over and over again so the filename ends up hundreds of letters long

Yes, I'm looking at this, for some reason the files are not being moved to their own folder, ie if you record eastenders and its interupted both parts should be moved but their not so each time it runs it finds the recordings and adds to the name. Until I fix, the best bet is when you see this move them into their own folder.

Was anyone able to change the recording path?
OK press the MENU button on the remote and then select setup, scroll down and select Recordings and Timeshift and then Recording settings. Move down to Timer recording settings and press OK
Highlight the folder you want to use and press the blue button to 'Add bookmark', then push channel down to highlight books marks then move down to the bookmark you want your recordings to be stored in. Then press OK. This should now be the path for your recordings.

Now your bookmark has been set, if you want the Movie Organisor to work on this folder you first need to restart gui, this allows all plugins etc to reload the config settings. Once restarted, green button -> Movie Organisor. highlight the 'Path of your recordings folder' and using the left and right arrows on your remote control you should now be able to select the bookmark you have just set.

Back