Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Hi im running infinity on my zgemma h2s comes up movie organisor out of range
deleted and re ipk 2.14 still says same after restart gui any ideas please
thanks as up to last few days has been ok

Last edited:
Hi Grog
Been using you plugin for years on various enigma2 machines, mainly Zgemma and currently using H7 with multiboot.
On the OpenATV 6.3 I have been having issues with your plugin (which I have used for years and should be standard in OpenATV!).
I have tried installing, rebooting, installing and on.........
I believe it is installed but not maybe showing in Plugins? Not sure
I also have a pic of an issue:

@grog68 ,this is a fantastic piece of work (and as others have said, should be a standard part of enigma2), thank you!!

I'd like to suggest an option to exclude the configured trashcan* folder, if possible - enigma2 prompts to recreate it the first time I try to delete a movie after organisor has done its work. (* and other? set in emc-config file)

Is it also possible to keep the folder capitalisation matched with the recording title? For example 'BBC Click' creates a folder title-cased as 'Bbc Click'.

Movie organisor has nothing to do with trash can/deleted files. If you dont want the trashcan, press the file list button to get recordings list and then press the menu button, there is an option to enable/disable it.

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but have you thought of using Inotifyd rather than periodically scanning the Recordings folder? This would allow your script to watch for any files created and immediately act on them. In fact, as Linux allows you to move files while they're still being written to, you could instantly move the files into the subfolder as soon as the recording starts (and the same for the files that get created as a recording stops).

Not sure if there are any drawbacks to using this method but it may be worth considering for a future version.

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but have you thought of using Inotifyd rather than periodically scanning the Recordings folder? This would allow your script to watch for any files created and immediately act on them. In fact, as Linux allows you to move files while they're still being written to, you could instantly move the files into the subfolder as soon as the recording starts (and the same for the files that get created as a recording stops).

Not sure if there are any drawbacks to using this method but it may be worth considering for a future version.
I hadn't even thought about it tbh, the plugin was my first and was a simple thing and hasn't been updated for some time but will take a look at it,

Hi Grog68,
Many thanks for all your efforts on your "critical" plugin. It defies belief that this would not be a standard part of all builds and as such is a lifesaver. The wife loves Countdown and Eastenders and Escape to the Country etc and it was driving me nuts.... having so much chaff.

A couple of questions / feature requests from a fellow UK person.

1. I have been reading the thread and seen a lot of talk about capitalization. For me I can live with the small annoyance of only the first letter being a capital but perhaps to please all people you could allow a filter list (that one could FTP to the box) so that if an occurrence of, say BBC or ITV was found it would always be capitalized or non-capitalized depending on the users desire. That way I can have my BBC news folder as "BBC News" rather than "Bbc News". I was a programmer once in my distant past so I know such an innocent request can often be a nightmare to code but all the same I wanted to ask :-)

EastEnders / Eastenders 99.99% of people couldn't care less of course (but BBC news versus Bbc news or ITV news versus Itv News) catches the eye more...

2. If I set all the Wife's recordings to go into a folder called for example "Wife's Stuff" then will your plugin also parse that folder and then create folders within and pop said programs in their own subfolders inside "Wife's Stuff"?

3. We have 3x tuners in our box and the sat tuners call BBC1 "BBC One" and the Freeview tuner calls BBC1 "BBC ONE". If I have, say, EastEnders recorded on the Freesat Tuner and then occasionally on the satellite tuner (when there was a conflict in recordings and I swapped it over as a one off) will it treat them all the same? The actual program names are identical I expect but the Channel name capitalization worries me?

Thanks again for this life saver!!

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Grog68,
Many thanks for all your efforts on your "critical" plugin. It defies belief that this would not be a standard part of all builds and as such is a lifesaver. The wife loves Countdown and Eastenders and Escape to the Country etc and it was driving me nuts.... having so much chaff.

A couple of questions / feature requests from a fellow UK person.

1. I have been reading the thread and seen a lot of talk about capitalization. For me I can live with the small annoyance of only the first letter being a capital but perhaps to please all people you could allow a filter list (that one could FTP to the box) so that if an occurrence of, say BBC or ITV was found it would always be capitalized or non-capitalized depending on the users desire. That way I can have my BBC news folder as "BBC News" rather than "Bbc News". I was a programmer once in my distant past so I know such an innocent request can often be a nightmare to code but all the same I wanted to ask :-)

EastEnders / Eastenders 99.99% of people couldn't care less of course (but BBC news versus Bbc news or ITV news versus Itv News) catches the eye more...

2. If I set all the Wife's recordings to go into a folder called for example "Wife's Stuff" then will your plugin also parse that folder and then create folders within and pop said programs in their own subfolders inside "Wife's Stuff"?

3. We have 3x tuners in our box and the sat tuners call BBC1 "BBC One" and the Freeview tuner calls BBC1 "BBC ONE". If I have, say, EastEnders recorded on the Freesat Tuner and then occasionally on the satellite tuner (when there was a conflict in recordings and I swapped it over as a one off) will it treat them all the same? The actual program names are identical I expect but the Channel name capitalization worries me?

Thanks again for this life saver!!

Cheers,
Paul
Although I've done coding in the past, this was my first python code so kept it simple.

1. the plugin doesn't touch the file name of each recording, but it uses a standard python function to capitalize it to create the folder name. I can't remember why I did that to be honest as the time, It could just use the program name as it's recorded, if memory serves me right occasionally the program capitalisation varied, especially if it was download/saved via iptv or something and you could end up with two EastEnders folders, one capitalised and one not which was a pain.

2. not as it stands. Again it could be modified to browse through all sub folders to see if there is already a program folder but this would add serious load to the box especially for those that record a lot, ie if you had folders recordings for 'The Flash', 'Pepper Pig' and 'Naked Attraction' as well as the wifes 'Wifes stuff' folder which contains Eastenders, the plugin wouldn't know which is the wifes folder so would search all 4 folders to find the Eastenders folder. And then how deep do you search? ie she could then say, she wants 'Soaps', 'Romance' and 'Commedy' sub folders. Where do you stop?

3. The plugin ignores the channel name, so it shouldn't matter which tuner you record it on.

Great plugin.

1 question on it,can it work also on sub directories as well as the main directory it was set up for.

Great plugin.

1 question on it,can it work also on sub directories as well as the main directory it was set up for.

no, it is only setup to work in the main movie folder, ie the folder you set in the plugin. It does not work recursively into sub directories

Hi mate I’ve used this for years and been great but recently it is auto sorting when I go to plug in and press yellow run now it sorts it but I have it set to run every hour but doesn’t seem to sort them on it own? Could you help?

Back