Movies.....Full Screen Or Bars Top And Bottom ??

Kopnut

Hi All, apologies beforehand if posting in wrong section as I've tried looking for answers on techkings but to no avail. The problem I have is when I download a (supposedly) 4k 2160 res movie, 50-60 gb at times, I assume because its a "4k 2160 res" that this will fill the whole screen of my new Panasonic smart 65" 4k tv but I can't seem to achieve this, sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't.. on a particular download site it gives you the full details of the the movie you're about to download, ie, x265, remux, hdr, 7.1 etc etc.. Hence my 64k $ question, which details do I have to look for in achieving 100% full screen movies instead of the black bars at top and bottom of screen ? . Thanks in advance to all who read this and any replies will be gratefully received.🤞

Because movies are made to fit cinema screens:

The aspect ratio is the ratio between the width and the height of a display. It defines its overall shape, and it is usually presented as W:H (where W is the width, and H is the height). All TVs sold today have an aspect ratio of 16:9, which means that if the width is divided into 16 equal parts, the height of the TV or picture should be 9 parts.

16:9 works great for TVs, since that is the aspect ratio used by the majority of today's TV shows, but unfortunately, most movies are made using the cinema standard, which is 21:9. 21:9 is much wider, so parts of the screen need to be filled with black bars above and below the image in order to fit most TVs. These horizontal bars are called "letterboxes."

Hi All, apologies beforehand if posting in wrong section as I've tried looking for answers on techkings but to no avail. The problem I have is when I download a (supposedly) 4k 2160 res movie, 50-60 gb at times, I assume because its a "4k 2160 res" that this will fill the whole screen of my new Panasonic smart 65" 4k tv but I can't seem to achieve this, sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't.. on a particular download site it gives you the full details of the the movie you're about to download, ie, x265, remux, hdr, 7.1 etc etc.. Hence my 64k $ question, which details do I have to look for in achieving 100% full screen movies instead of the black bars at top and bottom of screen ? . Thanks in advance to all who read this and any replies will be gratefully received.🤞
Some people like the full screen showing on large TVs, you can do this but the figures look tall and stretched.
I think if you use VLC player there is a option if you pause to change screen size or fit screen, try to see if you can live with it! My neighbour got me to change his but he had 55 screen.65 may look too stretched!

I used to have Prime and would view the odd film in 4k but quality sucked and it turns out if you wanted to view a 4k you had too pay for it as the movie said it was 4K but membership does not.
Everything is not always black and white with a few hidden changes thrown in. If it has bars i look at it as it is.

Back