Multi room

millerkev

Advice required on multi room connection please
A friend with 3 bedroom flat currently with virmin May well be interested in replacing with 3x h5’s
With only one router what would be the best course of action ?
Would all 3 run the same as if only 1 would connected by lan ?

I have 4 boxes, although only 2 really used, I use bt homeplugs to connect to the router to save having wires running round everywhere. Does he have cable coming into the three rooms already? if not he will need to split the feed that is coming in to the flat so it can go into each of the rooms.

I have 4 boxes, although only 2 really used, I use bt homeplugs to connect to the router to save having wires running round everywhere. Does he have cable coming into the three rooms already? if not he will need to split the feed that is coming in to the flat so it can go into each of the rooms.
I’m assuming as he told me he pays for multiroom that he as a feed into all 3 rooms already (will find out for deffo)
It’s the connection to router for 2 rooms he won’t have already
And if all 3 watching tv at same time they will all run as one would

I run 2 tv's on at same time without an issue, all 3 boxes would need to connect to the router so he has a choice :

1. run cables from each box to the router. - cheap but not always practical
2. use homeplugs, one for each of the boxes that are in a different room and one for the router. more expensive but works as well as 1
3. use wifi adapters on each (I dont think the h5 has wifi but I could be wrong), cheap but not always reliable

wifi could have issues microwaves dect phones and energy saving lights all could have an effect on wifi could it not?

Back