Multiple devices - playback issues / freezing on one

Hi Guys,

I am using two devices currently - Fire cube 3rd gen and a Firestick 4k max.
Up to now, I've been using a certain provider but had some issues ( discussed in other thread, not relevant to this one ) and everything worked well on both devices.

I have yesterday signed up to a new provider with RAW streams ( sourced here, thank you! ), but unfortunately I seem to be having issues on the Fire Stick.
  • Firecube - no problems, playback almost instant, quick catch up, no freezing etc.
  • Fire stick - Initial buffer / freeze ( negligible ) then playback starts, but within 20-30 seconds freezers to buffer or jumps back. Some channels take longer to start the stream.

I am using Tivi Mate and I've tried pretty much all of the settings on my Firestick to no avail - tunnelled playback, SW/HW decoding etc.
I've also tried IM Player - same results.

Both devices are connected via ethernet, which is provided through Deco mesh satellites ( not a true wired connection ). Firmware upto date on both, both restarted and cleared cache.
I use Surfshark VPN set to the same location on both devices and speed on both is in the region of 80-90Mbps.

I am totally at a loss, because the older subscription from a different provider works absolutely fine on both devices - yet the new one malfunctions on only one of them.

Any ideas guys? I am totally at a loss.

EDIT:
I've also tried IPTV Smartes on a laptop via bluestacks - same thing ( wifi )

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the quick responses.

You are both right, at the moment I am only trialling a single connection - but I am only ever testing on one device at a time.

The channels do play, they just buffer and freeze like crazy on the fire stick only.

Would just 1 connection cause that issue?

If you are only playing on one device at a time that shouldn't be an issue. Be sure that the other device isn't playing a stream or turned off.

Trying on one device at a time, vpn on or off makes no difference.

Literally freezes ever 10-20 seconds for 1-2 sec buffer, then plays. Occasionally it will skip back 10-20secs and continue playing.
If I carried on like that, I could watch all programs all day.

I’ve messaged the provider to ask about IP lock, but to be honest I didn’t think the playlist would work at all if this was the case.

Not sure what else I could try

Can’t be the server cause if it’s working on cube fine and not the stick then that points to device

Turn the firecube off ,whilst you check the firestick
winner!

Turns out that tivi mate must continue to stream even when in the background, somehow.

I assumed that pressing the off button of cubes remote would shut it down, including background streaming.

What’s the workaround? Are there some settings that I could use to disconnect the stream when app is not in use? Ie when home button pressed, turned off, watching Netflix etc.

winner!

Turns out that tivi mate must continue to stream even when in the background, somehow.

I assumed that pressing the off button of cubes remote would shut it down, including background streaming.

What’s the workaround? Are there some settings that I could use to disconnect the stream when app is not in use? Ie when home button pressed, turned off, watching Netflix etc.
The workaround is what i said to start with get a multiroom connection the servers were picking up multiple connections which is why it was buffering like mad.

Back