Multiple devices - playback issues / freezing on one

Just goto home screen of the device not used should exit the stream or as above add an extra connection to save issues

winner!

Turns out that tivi mate must continue to stream even when in the background, somehow.

I assumed that pressing the off button of cubes remote would shut it down, including background streaming.

What’s the workaround? Are there some settings that I could use to disconnect the stream when app is not in use? Ie when home button pressed, turned off, watching Netflix etc.
Should be able to back out of app and it'll close stream. Then put cube to sleep. If not you'll have to force stop tivimate app via settings but shouldn't need to.

Thank you all, fantastic support.
I couldn't get my head around the fact that after all it was still streaming.

I am new to IPTV and my assumption was that if a connection was being used elsewhere, I would just get a blank screen if trying to watch on a second device.

Am I right in thinking that just pressing the off button on the cube / stick whilst watching tv doesn't actually end the stream then?

P.S
I'll be adding a second connection anyway, just curious.

Thanks!

I am new to IPTV and my assumption was that if a connection was being used elsewhere, I would just get a blank screen if trying to watch on a second device.

Am I right in thinking that just pressing the off button on the cube / stick whilst watching tv doesn't actually end the stream then?

P.S

Thanks!
Just keep pressing the back button on remote bud usually on certain apps it does pop up asking if sure to exit app I can’t say for Tivi as I’ve never used it.
As for a second connection would you really use both devices at same time or would anyone in your home use it.

P.S

Thanks!
Yeah pressing the power button will put the device in a sleep state but the app should stop running. Might take a few seconds for it to register. But best to come out tivimate app then put device to sleep

P.S

Thanks!
As @bazcfc1 said exit the app properly before putting the device to sleep, on Tivi on firestick /cube just keep backing till out, on Shield I get popup saying press back button twice to exit app!
I think some suppliers may see you as still logged in if you dont exit properly and you could end up banned

Even when you press the power button on a fire cube, Alexia is still listening, so it's not really off off.

Back