multiple lnb satellite reallignment Help needed.

blazey25

Hi guys I wonder if you can help. i have a multiple lnb setup on a 80cm dish. It was each lnb was aligned to Hotbird 13, astra 1 19.2 and astra 2b 28 with no signal issues. I have now just had my external walls insulated and during the course of it the work men removed my dish before putting it back up on the wall. initially I lost all my channels but since they had scaffolding up, I went up and tried realigning the dish and picked up some of the sky uk channels on the astra 2b and some channels on the astra 1. however I cant seem to pick up any signals on the hotbird. I now just want to realign to get maximum signal back on at least the uk channels, as signal strength while it is above 50 on some channels, its below 50 on other and I was wondering if there was a good channel to try and use to align by getting max strength on that channel. sorry if I have rambled on but any advice will be appreciated.

is the lnb straight as it has to be at angle .if using a sky lnb holder there are arrows on the side to show where it should be but as youve a few i take your using a multi lnb holder so try twisting it a wee bit either way

is the lnb straight as it has to be at angle .if using a sky lnb holder there are arrows on the side to show where it should be but as youve a few i take your using a multi lnb holder so try twisting it a wee bit either way
Thanks that's what i have done to get some of the channels back, but thinking of it I cant twist it past a 30 degree angle because the cable is quite tight on it. at the moment it is more or less straight the tilt on it is barely noticeable. I will try some more careful twisting when I get a chance the annoying thing is I cant get a good view of tv when doing it so difficult to ascertain if I am getting close to the best alignment.

If you have a iphone there is a app Dish align which is very good as you will be able to check your alignment on several lnbs while up there

If you have a iphone there is a app Dish align which is very good as you will be able to check your alignment on several lnbs while up there

I have just downloaded that app and it looks like it shows direction where dish is to be aligned and while it helps to get rough alignment, I am struggling with fine tuning at the moment. The hotbird is however seemingly dead to the world, I am starting to wonder if the coax cabble was damaged or something.

Back