multiple monitors

Tamarc

Hi peeps,got a problem trying to get same desktop on two displays using XP.now i know i have done this before but it might have been Vista i used the last time. I have run a 5m vga cable from pc to vga connection on the back of a LG42" Plasma tv,now i can get an extended desktop,but what i want is same desktop on both pc and tv,can this be done on xp? any help would be welcome. thanks

Tamarc

The answer,or lack off,seems to tell me that this site,though somewhere i enjoyed being,just is not cutting it as a helpfull stop for advice within the tech scene,tech support aside even the chatbox is reduntant most of the time,only Anto being online after 12am,with rather strict rules etc i feel its a hard forum to support,though in all honesty i tried hard to do so.

This post may be met with some anger/dispute,counter claims etc but all im saying is i tried to integrate into the community,but with only a few exceptions this was quite hard to do.

By no means am i dissing Techkings,just think maybe the more senior members should start inputing a little more to the site.

Ps Im sorry if ive upset anybody,i just think the world needs a little more honesty and effort from ppl.

Well this is a community forum not a one on one help line. You gave people all of 7hrs to get back with you. No to mention the lack of details you provided in your initial post. You ask about 2 monitors yet you only give the details about how you hooked it to your TV. Where is the other and how is it connected? What are you using to split the signal? You ask for help, yet you don't provide the information for anyone to do it.

On another note, perhaps you could give us some more suggestions as to ways in which the site could be improved and what rules you feels are to strict. We have both a rant room and a forum feedback area. We are always open to constructive critiquing, however just generalized complaining with no real specifics helps no one.

# Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
# Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
1. On the Settings tab of the Display Properties dialog box, click the monitor icon that represents the monitor you want to use in addition to your primary monitor.
2. Click to select the Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor check box. After you enable this feature, you can drag items across your screen onto alternate monitors. Or, you can resize a window to stretch it across more than one monitor.

Back