HD51 4K Mutant Freezing

Sirron

Hi all. Just looking for help.
Have a HD51 with a500hdd installed
Running openvix 5.2.005
Using willow build 5.2
Using it for cable with Oscam

Recently, the box keeps freezing and crashing. You have to unplug the power and restart. Happens 3-4 times a day
I changed the HDD, no joy. I’ve reinstalled Vix and willowbuild. Still no joy

What next ...??

Thanks

I prefare to use a fresh flash and setup box from scratch so i then know i am not importing any bugs with settings restore.
If you have a skin try removing it and see how box runs,normally one is asked for crash logs on the home of openvix to check your issue.
Where is your epg been stored to can bring further issues ahead.

I prefare to use a fresh flash and setup box from scratch so i then know i am not importing any bugs with settings restore.
If you have a skin try removing it and see how box runs,normally one is asked for crash logs on the home of openvix to check your issue.
Where is your epg been stored to can bring further issues ahead.
Thanks. I used a new verson of vix and of willoW build.
Where can I find the error logs and what am I looking for ?

Try uninstalling or disabling cacheflush. There is no need for it on Arm boxes with plenty of ram.
I was having freezing issues with my Vu+ Ultimo and Gigablue Quad 4K and it turned out to be cacheflush.
I can't remember if I enabled debug logs - Menu > Setup > System > Logs.
The logs should be saved to /home/root/logs/.

I would try willo, dsayers or wooshman all great blokes ;)

Sorry i missed grog out i hope i did not offend him :grin:

The main four key players in this game :(y):

Last edited:
Just upload them here to this thread read my signature for taking screen shots and uploading attachments it shows you how to upload zip files. That way anybody can see them.

Bloody hell cacheflush is for the earlier slow boxes like solo/duo and zgemma.
Hmm did you setup a swapfile also not needed on the better boxes.

Back