MXQ Pro 4K flaky as f**k?

Bigyinuk

Hi all

Just bought a MXQ Pro 4k for my daughter to use for IPTV. I'm having loads of issues with it.

On my 4th factory re-install now - Just says "closing app" all the time.

Seems to be to do with Play Services. Its running Android 7.1.2

Netflix won't work either. Tried a newer version which logs in (the old one didn't) and it says can't play video (57)

Any ideas is this normal for this hardware?

Last edited:
Nothing would run on it when I got it - All apps except Chrome just crashed when I ran them. After 4 factory resets I realised that updating Google services caused this so I avoided it. I've removed all apps except for my IPTV app, Youtube and Chrome. It now runs pretty good to be honest but a bit disappointing as I was hoping to run all my TV apps on it - Netflix (which won't run on it), iPlayer, ITV, Ch4 OD etc and a couple of other Android things I use but it now looks as if I'll have to use it just for IPTV.

But tbh for £22 inc keyboard remote, its a very cheap option. I will try a Fire Stick next, might be better.

Interesting you say that - I just had a fight getting a Fire working and couldn't even get the remote control to work so not sure how great *they* are tbh :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The MXQ does work now, its for my grandaughter - the Interface is simple and I've set it up so it runs the IPTV app on startup, so easy for her to use.

I agree you get what you pays for!!

I will have another play with a Fire, not for me but just out of technical curiosity :LOL::LOL:

Back