My new dish

What's the "most fringe" satellite that you pick up with that?
I really don't know as over the previous years i only really set it up for 7w. Bare in mind i am up in west yorkshire so a lot of signals are weaker. I also will only really be able to pick up 7w and most of the eastern sats. I've taken it to 28e at the moment. With my 1m which is not ground mounted i can go about 52-56e and 43w.

for me to have dish in garden (low down ground level) it would have to be in front garden and it would get taken or vandalized unfortunately round here lol . must be a great feeling to know when high winds are up if it moves and you can do it yourself and realign with it been low down, and change motor etc. with it been low down you get less wind affect as well i presume.

Last edited:
for me to have dish in garden (low down ground level) it would have to be in front garden and it would get taken or vandalized unfortunately round here lol . must be a great feeling to know when high winds are up if it moves and you can do it yourself and realign with it been low down, and change motor etc. with it been low down you get less wind affect as well i presume.
I probably won't keep it installed that long as i already had a 1m dish further up the house. I just wanted to see if i could motorize it. 7w is proving difficult with it but going east i get decent signals to 50e.

people look at the photos people have posted a satllite dish need s to see the arc some of us have to put it up high to see the arc

the council rules what i have read here in Leeds is a 1 meter dish the biggest one you can put up high i think, (could be wrong) just wondering if anyone sneaked a say 1.2 dish up without the council dish p@lice knocking on yer door, saying take it down lol

the council rules what i have read here in Leeds is a 1 meter dish the biggest one you can put up high i think, (could be wrong) just wondering if anyone sneaked a say 1.2 dish up without the council dish p@lice knocking on yer door, saying take it down lol
I never asked for permission to put my 1.2m up, also read if it's been up 10 years or more, nothing they can do to force you to remove it either, mines been up 13 years now, so I should be safe.

Never bothered in the past, re permission regs, see it's 2 dish max in Liverpool 100cm max and if 2 antenna go up the second can only be 60cm.

I couldn't find a suitable cheap zone 2 so was going to lash up fixed 80
Bang goes rhat idea

Back